Thread Rating:
BBC news this morning
interviews with Liverpool Fans After They Won The League:
from fans in...Costa Rica,India,And America
"Well Jorge When Did You Last Attend A Game At Anfield"
Reply:"Wheres That"?

and we slag Man U Fans Of For Living nowhere Near Old Trafford

still well done to the asians,yanks,aussies,chinese,and the occasional scouser on winning the league
BaggieSteve likes this post
@Kristien 1965
I see some incredibly lucky inflated transfer fees have helped Klopp finance his current squad.
A reported £65million for Luis Suarez and £145million for Philippe Coutinho transformed the scousers purchasing power.
They also have Salah - Mane - Van Dijk - Alisson, 4 world class player all worth £100+ million
Transfer business has been kind to them.
But I take nothing away from Klopp - congratulations.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
It's good that having just attributed everything Klopp has done to luck, you take nothing away from him.

Salah failed at Chelsea and wouldn't have been in many lists of the world's best players when he arrived at Anfield; Mane was at Southampton, was every other club after him and did he cost an arm and a leg; Alisson, well, you had to know about keepers to know he was more than just a girl's name, and Van Dijk had illustrated his status as the world's best defender marking Scottish centre forwards hmmmm. He took on Wijnaldum when his career was hitting a dip, Oxlade-Chamberlain was down as a permanently injured show pony, he brought Trent A-A through and gave him responsibility straightaway. Fabinho looks like quite a good recruit too (in about five different positions).

True Coutinho is worth any number you can think of on a going day, but would struggle with the Baggies Reserves at other times ….. and maybe several years down the line Suarez doesn't now look worth £65million, but at the time if any player can ever be worth that, he was terrorising everyone he played. against.

If you sell players when their value is at or above their true value that is NOT luck. That's good business. If you buy and develop several players who a few years down the line would be in the squad for a World XI that can't be just good fortune. Klopp is pretty damned good.

Taking nothing away from either side I hope next season when the Baggies play Liverpool they show you just how good they can be …… and you in true Baggie tradition do the same in return. You need luck to win anything, but you don't get 23 points clear of Manchester City on the back of a fortune cookie.
(26-06-2020, 16:06)Devongone Wrote: It's good that having just attributed everything Klopp has done to luck, you take nothing away from him.

Salah failed at Chelsea and wouldn't have been in many lists of the world's best players when he arrived at Anfield; Mane was at Southampton, was every other club after him and did he cost an arm and a leg; Alisson, well, you had to know about keepers to know he was more than just a girl's name, and Van Dijk had illustrated his status as the world's best defender marking Scottish centre forwards hmmmm. He took on Wijnaldum when his career was hitting a dip, Oxlade-Chamberlain was down as a permanently injured show pony, he brought Trent A-A through and gave him responsibility straightaway. Fabinho looks like quite a good recruit too (in about five different positions).

True Coutinho is worth any number you can think of on a going day, but would struggle with the Baggies Reserves at other times ….. and maybe several years down the line Suarez doesn't now look worth £65million, but at the time if any player can ever be worth that, he was terrorising everyone he played. against.

If you sell players when their value is at or above their true value that is NOT luck. That's good business. If you buy and develop several players who a few years down the line would be in the squad for a World XI that can't be just good fortune. Klopp is pretty damned good.

Taking nothing away from either side I hope next season when the Baggies play Liverpool they show you just how good they can be …… and you in true  Baggie tradition do the same in return. You need luck to win anything, but you don't get 23 points clear of Manchester City on the back of a fortune cookie.

I don't disagree with anything you said at all, the luck I refer to was the fees he managed to get. As neither player is worth half of what they were sold for. The other big 5 Arsenal / Man City / Chelsea/ Utd / Spurs have purchased players but not managed to capitalise on them. I think a slice of good luck is involved and it's Liverpool's turn. Klopp deserves all the credit though. It's tough at the top as they say. But the rewards make it all worth while. The 23 points margin is brilliant in this day and age, but for me Arsenals season of the invincible's was the finest performance over a season.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
Devongone Wrote
Suarez doesn't now look worth £65million, but at the time if any player can ever be worth that, he was terrorising everyone he played. against.

In fact as I recall Suarez was making a meal of some of them. Whistle Whistle
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
Well, admittedly I don't watch that much Premiership football these days but whenever I've seen Liverpool I've been mightily impressed. They don't just try to play keep ball, they actively try to engineer openings all over the pitch. Great movement, great entertainment - this being unusual these days, in my eyes.

Very worthy champions, and Klopp is a refreshing breath of fresh air too!
Arcane Astral Aeons and BaggieSteve like this post
I've never really liked watching them to be honest, but fair play they have deserved to win the league this season.

I find their style is quite guileless, they tend to just outdo teams by being faster and fitter than them and spamming the box with crosses, or dropping balls in behind for their pace merchants. I remember watching them beat spurs and after they went ahead they just pumped long balls up the park and used their cross country runners in the middle to kill the game.

I thought Klopp criticising athletico's style of play was a bit much tae, the guys a bit of a knob.
Suarez was a bargain at 65m when he left them, he was truly world class and has proved his worth over the years he has been at Barca.

Ironically Pep also deserves a mention, he is the one who has really elevated the level needed to win the PL, Klopp and Liverpool have risen to that challenge but its interesting how the other 4 top six teams have all struggled to keep up.
BaggieSteve likes this post
People say fans of other teams can be bitter but at times like this you've got to be a genuine football fan.

Their fans have waited decades for this moment and some weren't even born the last time it happened.

However it must be said...

Well done Barrow, welcome back to the Football League after 48 years.

DD Big Grin Big Grin
Baggievicar and BaggieSteve like this post
Ubique.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »