Thread Rating:
Brentford vs WBA - Friday 26th June 7.45pm
[Image: Griffin-Park-978x611.png]

The resumption of Championship football might not have given us too many fireworks at the Hawthorns, but Albion are top of the league after a weekend that went in our favour. Now the mission is to stay there, and that challenge takes us to Griffin Park on Friday night, where we face a Brentford side fresh from beating Fulham and set for a late promotion charge of their own.

Needless to say this is one of the two most important fixtures we have left to play, and alongside the Fulham game, it's down as a must-not-lose. Hopefully that won't mean parking the bus - not least because I don't think we have the defensive resilience to do that for a full ninety minutes - but when venturing forward, we need to be a lot quicker on the ball and decisive in the final third than against Blues.

It's scheduled to be our last visit to Griffin Park, as Brentford move to a new home next season, and an odd farewell it'll undoubtedly be. Our first match there ended in a 2-2 draw in 1936, while our most recent trip was a creditable 1-0 win last spring. A repeat of either result would be welcome tomorrow night.

[Image: Fixtures.jpg]
Everyone pretty excited, then...
Too hot to be excited. Will be watching the match from inside an ice bath, I think.
Slightly nervous!
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
Huge game but Diangana starting again makes me slightly more positive.
Would have liked to see Krovinovic starting
Johnstone
Furlong - Ajayi - Hegazi - Gibbs
Livermore - Sawyers
Phillips - Pereira - Diangana
HRK

Bond, Bartley, O'Shea, Harper, Krovinovic, Edwards, Robinson, Austin, Zohore
I'm guessing quite a few changes coming up in the second half!! End of a long hard season and a lot of tired legs out there. If only they could have had a few weeks off to charge the batteries!!
Second best at half time
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

There is no spark, no penetration. Brentford are playing us off the park -quicker on the ball, quicker on the break, closing us down. We are completely toothless. I have absolutely no idea how we will score
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »