Thread Rating:
Brentford vs WBA - Friday 26th June 7.45pm
The guys didn't look nervous, just disinterested. I wish I could say something positive, but it's an awful shame we're look as
though we think we have already won promotion. It's the Albion way - Bilic needs to earn his money now.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
What’s happened to Grosicki? Any ideas why he’s not figuring but Zohore or Kanu are?
drewks likes this post
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
Is Kenneth Zohore actually Victor Anichebe? So many similarities - the astonishing turn of pace, the mobility, the phenomenal aerial prowess, the deadly finishing, the ability to provide the spark of genius to turn a game in our favour. We’re so lucky to have had both of these footballing giants play for our club....we have been truly blessed
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
Zohore made little difference when he came on, but OMG Robson Kanu was shit.
Granted he wasn't the only one and the previous comments of 'disinterested' 'complacent' are spot on.
Absolutely no positives from tonight, except maybe Pereira, but if this squad wins promotion (and it's a big if), then it will need a major overhaul and massive investment to avoid an immediate return to the second tier.
Agree with much that has been said above. Slav sort it out!
I also thought that all of Lady Luck has deserted us too. On at least three occasions, if we had had a bit of luck, the result could have been different:-
1) The Brentford Keeper appeared to catch the ball outside his area - a red card offence. Sky (Leeds Utd tv) didn't show a single replay of this - I wonder why. They always highlighted our misdemeanours so retrospective punishments could be enforced! This could have changed the course of the game. Bring on VAR - (or maybe not!)
2) Kenneth Zohore rattled the bar early in the second half when we had our best spell of the game. Had that gone in we may have pressed on for a winner.
3) In the second half, a defender who had already been booked, pulled Grady back as he cut in from the right! A second yellow should have been given. In fact a foul wasn't even given. How the ref and Lino missed that is worrying!
Let's hope for better performances v Sheffield and Hull, two wins, 6 points and our nerves calmed!
We are four league games without a goal ....... Worrying

Main problem all seasons is a proven goalscorer, if we had had a 25 or 30 goal striker / strike force, we would have picked up more pointed and would pribably have been home and dry by now.I

We have games coming up against teams that are struggling, struggling because they have not got the best defences and / or strike forces. They will be fighting for points which means they will need to attack rather than park the bus, more space for our creative players, more opportunities to score. It is still in our hands, if Brentford win all their games we need 17 points, all probability they wont, so less points required there, Fulham win all their's, 18 needed. again not likely.

Keep the faith, hard work done, need to cross the t's and dot the i's.
When our first goal goes in then the monkey will be off our backs ......

Nervous but hopeful ....... Come on you Baggies.
drewks and BaggieSteve like this post
Nice Post, 4eva.
OH for a Dwight York..... if we'd paid the inflated price for him - was it something like £12m - we WOULD be home & dry by now.
'Hindsight is a wonderful thing' but it now seems cheap considering

a) The rewards it would have probably brought
b) The money spent on the other strikers who, bluntly, just haven't worked

***BIG OOOPS! Silly me - obviously meant Dwight Gayle!
4evaabaggie and Blue Baggie like this post
(27-06-2020, 11:56)drewks Wrote: Nice Post, 4eva.
OH for a Dwight York..... if we'd paid the inflated price for him - was it something like £12m - we WOULD be home & dry by now.

Err!! Gale - Austin and Zohore have both been passengers i'm afraid.
4evaabaggie likes this post

Even at 48 Dwight Yorke would probably score more goals than Austin, Zahore and Robson-Kanu combined, but ex vile scum still wouldn't want him.

Just had a thought, keep it a secret, can we sneak Kevin Phillips into Matty Phillips shirt and play him instead, do you think the EFL would notice? ...... Ssssssh
Blue Baggie likes this post
(27-06-2020, 13:25)4evaabaggie Wrote:

Even at 48 Dwight Yorke would probably score more goals than Austin, Zahore and Robson-Kanu combined, but ex vile scum still wouldn't want him.

Just had a thought, keep it a secret, can we sneak Kevin Phillips into Matty Phillips shirt and play him instead, do you think the EFL would notice? ...... Ssssssh

I'm a little surprised we are basically lacking effort  Doh - with Jullian Dicks waiting in the tunnel with a big stick, I'm not surprised Bilic thinks they are
nervous.
And what has happened to Krosiki - has he been isolated ???
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »