Thread Rating:
Brunty
Bittersweet for me last night. A great season ending with promotion but also the last time we’ll see Brunty in a Baggies shirt. He has given so much to our club, not just the magnificent goals and assists but, when criticism has been flying about - often vitriolic- he’s dealt with it in a dignified and honest way. The epithet “legend” is bandied around too frequently these days but in Chris’ case it’s fully merited. Stand up Chris Brunt, you are a true Baggies legend
Blue Baggie, drewks, talkSAFT like this post
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
Chris Brunt where do I start. We paid a few quid back in the day to sign you. How that looks like a bargain now. I can't see your loyalty being surpassed again. Thanks for your commitment over the years and your left leg would be worth £50 million if you were 12 years younger. Fantastic servent to the club and us fans. We will miss you and your smile is infectious. I hope you can come back and work with our youngsters in the future. You have earned our respect and you are now in our LEGEND hall of fame.
BaggieSteve and talkSAFT like this post
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
I echo all of the above, a signed picture takes centre stage in my boys rooms, he was gutted last night that he wouldn't see him play again! A 9 year old elated at his first proper promotion and disappointment at seeing Brunty go! As a fan of over 35 years, I have seen some people come and go and have fond memories of your Super Bobs, but Brunty was a modern day servant who gave our club everything, thanks Chris, enjoy wherever your going and have a fruitful life, your always welcome in our parts, thanks for the memories (The Wand).

COYB
BaggieSteve likes this post
(23-07-2020, 11:31)Blue Baggie Wrote: Chris Brunt where do I start. We paid a few quid back in the day to sign you. How that looks like a bargain now. I can't see your loyalty being surpassed again. Thanks for your commitment over the years and your left leg would be worth £50 million if you were 12 years younger. Fantastic servent to the club and us fans. We will miss you and your smile is infectious. I hope you can come back and work with our youngsters in the future. You have earned our respect and you are now in our LEGEND hall of fame.

Yes you ripped us off with what you paid us for him!!!! Angry Brunt is one of the few players that was always given a great reception when he came back to Hillsborough and while we were sad to see him go at the time it was recognised that you were much more likely to give him a shot at the PL than we were!! Good luck to him in whatever he decides to do next.
BaggieSteve and Baggievicar like this post
Brunt has been a brilliant servant to West Brom and the loyalty he has shown is a very rare commodity nowadays.
Never hid when things weren’t going well but a game changer when he turned it on.
Will be sorely missed.
Rather ironic that he has played over 400 matches in a 13 year stay at the club yet Birmingham City choose to retire the shirt number of a youngster who had played less than 50 games for the club and has left for pastures new.
Beggars belief.
Blue Baggie and BaggieSteve like this post
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2020/july/bru...-farewell/
(26-07-2020, 10:11)drewks Wrote: https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2020/july/bru...-farewell/

Oh Brunty what an interview.

I defy any genuine Brunty or Baggies fan not to be moved close to tears by the last minute or so of that interview.

LEGEND LEGEND LEGEND Thumb up  Thumb up  Thumb up  Thumb up  Thumb up
drewks, talkSAFT, valpayne And 1 others like this post
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
Very, very special.
unbelievable loyalty and a true modern albion legend. The interview brought a tear to my eye to. Chris Brunt will be sorely missed at the hawthorns and clearly he will miss being there. Lets hope some day he gets a job with us in the coaching staff or wherever he would be happy. Only thing left to say is those so called fans that abused him that day and threw that coin I hope you are forever haunted by that disgraceful shameful incident.
(26-07-2020, 15:08)valpayne Wrote: unbelievable loyalty and a true modern albion legend. The interview brought a tear to my eye to. Chris Brunt will be sorely missed at the hawthorns and clearly he will miss being there. Lets hope some day he gets a job with us in the coaching staff or wherever he would be happy. Only thing left to say is those so called fans that abused him that day and threw that coin I hope you are forever haunted by that disgraceful shameful incident.

Well said, Valpayne, he has always displayed great dignity unlike those ars*holes who abused him. He’ll be sorely missed
valpayne and drewks like this post
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »