Thread Rating:
Football is back
Football is back on 17th June with Man City v Arsenal and Vile v Sheffield Utd.
Now get ready for the championship hopefully weekend of the 20th June.
                Boing boing  Thumb up
Music 
[Image: music.png] it`s football jim but not as we know it,not as we know it,not as we know it cap[Image: music.png]
@Kristien 1965
I've been really enjoying the return of the Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga so the return of English football doesn't particulary excite me but it'll be good for the U.K. to have football back again and of course we'll get to see Albion achieve the promotion that we deserve.
(28-05-2020, 21:37)WBA-Josh Wrote: I've been really enjoying the return of the Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga so the return of English football doesn't particulary excite me but it'll be good for the U.K. to have football back again and of course we'll get to see Albion achieve the promotion that we deserve.

Wouldn't count those particular chickens just yet, to be honest. Six points isn't an unassailable gap, and we're coming off a three-month break in which a lot of players will have had big personal stuff to deal with. Could well be some twists and turns to come.
Steady up, no return has been agreed in the championship. And no start dates confirmed. So it's as it was.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
It will be a relief to see some football. Even if it’s not the Albion yet.

I can’t watch European footie. It needs to be ‘local’ and so I am champing at the bit to watch a game. Especially if it drops the Vile deeper in the doo dah
(28-05-2020, 21:37)WBA-Josh Wrote: I've been really enjoying the return of the Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga so the return of English football doesn't particulary excite me but it'll be good for the U.K. to have football back again and of course we'll get to see Albion achieve the promotion that we deserve.

I've watched a couple of games as well, Josh. As you'd expect the standard has been extremely high but I've now given up watching, solely on the grounds of absolutely no atmosphere in the stadia. I just find it's like watching a training ground match between blue bibs and green bibs. I watched the first game back which was the famous River Derby between Dortmund and Schalke - it had about as much passion as Stenhousemuir v East Fife (apologies to fans of either but I've been to that game and the ground wasn't rocking!), yet to see that game under normal circumstances would have been excellent. So, like you, the return of English football doesn't excite me but for different reasons; it just made me realise how much the fans make the game....it would be really excellent if Sky and the Football Associations/Leagues also appreciated this, instead of taking us for mugs,
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
(29-05-2020, 15:21)BaggieSteve Wrote: I've watched a couple of games as well, Josh. As you'd expect the standard has been extremely high but I've now given up watching, solely on the grounds of absolutely no atmosphere in the stadia. I just find it's like watching a training ground match between blue bibs and green bibs. I watched the first game back which was the famous River Derby between Dortmund and Schalke - it had about as much passion as Stenhousemuir v East Fife (apologies to fans of either but I've been to that game and the ground wasn't rocking!), yet to see that game under normal circumstances would have been excellent. So, like you, the return of English football doesn't excite me but for different reasons; it just made me realise how much the fans make the game....it would be really excellent if Sky and the Football Associations/Leagues also appreciated this, instead of taking us for mugs,

The lack of atmosphere doesn't really bother me to be honest. I'm just happy to be able to sit down and watch some football over the weekend and the football quality hasn't been effected by the virus which is a bonus. Of course you can't beat a good German atmosphere especially on derby days.

This weekend I'll be watching 8 matches in total (six Bundesliga and two 2. Bundesliga) so you can see just how much spare time I have right now.  Confused
As I said the other day Championship back 20th June provisionally, and they are trying to get 20 man match day squads with 5 subs.
Not sure about League 1 but it seems that League 2 are going to just concentrate on the playoffs only.
Using the weighted points system Cheltenham move above Exeter City to fourth and as a result will play Northampton in the semis.
Exeter take on Colchester.

Cheltenham's Manager Michael Duff is quoted as being worried that " after several weeks with little team training and a concern about fitness levels, three games in a matter of days is a worry".
He seems confident that the Robins can at least reach the final.
Apparently many League 2 players have been Covid tested and non of Cheltenham's squad have proved positive.
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »