Thread Rating:
HTFC and the Corona Virus
Huddersfield Town have taken measures to guard against coronavirus - including closing the PPG Canalside training ground to visitors.

The club will play EDT fixtures at the Leeds Road venue but with no supporters present.

In addition, Town players will not take part in the usual pre-match and post-match activities in the Fanzone, they will not attend man-of-the-match presentations or sign autographs for supporters around the stadium.

The club have also announced there will be no matchday mascots at home games until further notice.

Town's statement concluded: "The club would like to thank supporters for their understanding as it takes necessary precautions to care for the health of the playing squad, staff and our supporters."
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
I wonder what will happen next week when we go to the Forest. Their chairman's got the virus.
The trees will have been felled and the dogs will have a field of their own to play in
Another day, another door, another high, another low
Not looking good for next week. How many at Forest have been in contact with the chairman? Physical contact that is.
Some Arsenal players were, when they played Olympiakos, and so the PL have postponed their match at Man City tonight.
Our match must be in doubt of going ahead then?
Huddersfield Town have taken measures to guard against coronavirus - including closing the PPG Canalside training ground to visitors.
Not sure how many people this affects directly, a handful?

The club will play EDT fixtures at the Leeds Road venue but with no supporters present.
Again not many will bother with this, relatives of the players and a few old dodders

In addition, Town players will not take part in the usual pre-match and post-match activities in the Fanzone,
Its shut half the time anyway
they will not attend man-of-the-match presentations or sign autographs for supporters around the stadium.

I'm sure those that wine and dine will get over it, shame the kids can't get autographs though.

The club have also announced there will be no matchday mascots at home games until further notice.
Again a shame for the young ones

Town's statement concluded: "The club would like to thank supporters for their understanding as it takes necessary precautions to care for the health of the playing squad, staff and our supporters."
Care of supporters my arse, they aren't bothered about us just the precious players.

The Arsenal players isolation is being backdated to the day they were in contact with the Forest/Olympiacos chairman and they are expected to play the fixture against Brighton this weekend.

His last visit to Forest was the loss to Millwall last Friday so 7 days isolation will see our fixture on without problem unless players and staff have caught it
Lord Snooty likes this post
Nottingham Forest confirm all players, staff and officers have been tested for the coronavirus and all results have come back negative.
Did the results for diakhabys football talent also come back negative?
theo_luddite, Lord Snooty, Amelia Chaffinch like this post
In all seriousness though, if games get forced behind closed doors, what happens to us with season tickets? Will we be screwed over by the media blackout for 3pm kickoffs in this country or would it be relaxed so anyone can watch their team but online?

I fully expect that it will end up similar to what happens on the midweek soccer special where we see none of the game but get footage of goals as they go in

Also I've heard some people talking about avoiding the games as a precaucion. I can understand that if you are ill, have health issues or have family that do.

But for me as an individual, what is the worst that could happen to me? I've weighed it up and provided the ground is open, I'll be going Saturday and I'm due to go on holiday in the next week and a bit, again provided the authorities allow it, I'll be going
We need more sinks in the men's bogs. And some warm water. And some soap would be helpful.
When the MacAlpine Stadium was built in 1994, we were all used to just pissing up against a wall at the back of the big terrace at Leeds Road. The luxury of having sinks to wash your hands was a novelty at the new stadium. Therefore not a lot of thought was given to hygiene.
Can you imagine the wait if we've all got to queue up for a 20 seconds hand wash after queuing up at halftime for a slash? It's not gonna happen.
The FA and EFL must cancel all football from now. Cancel this season. All matches null and void. No promotion or relegation. Start again from scratch in August.
Nice way to stop Leeds going up and us going down (not that I believe either will do it anyway).

But, you are right, the facilities are inadequate to follow the advise being given on hygiene.
theo_luddite and Lord Snooty like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »