Thread Rating:
Cheltenham Tips
To publicly prove how unsuccessful I am here are my Cheltenham tips for today:-

1.30 Elixir D'ainay - each way

2.10 Notebook

2.50 Quarenta - each way

3.30 Pentland Hills and Supasundae - both to win, one will!

4.10 Benie Des Dieux - but back Lady Buttons each way at 20/1

4.50 Espoir De Guye

5.30 The Hollow Ginge and Anteros each way

So now you know the ones to avoid.
(10-03-2020, 13:41)Devongone Wrote: To publicly prove how unsuccessful I am here are my Cheltenham tips for today:-

1.30 Elixir D'ainay - each way

2.10 Notebook

2.50 Quarenta - each way

3.30 Pentland Hills and Supasundae - both to win, one will!

4.10 Benie Des Dieux - but back Lady Buttons each way at 20/1

4.50 Espoir De Guye

5.30 The Hollow Ginge and Anteros each way

So now you know the ones to avoid.

Well they WERE the worst tips in history. Elixir D'ainay in the first race was at least in with a chance when diving head first through the second last. The rest were worse than disappointing.

So here are today's efforts for all those who need a laugh ……

1.30 Envoi Allen

2.10 Copperhead

2.50 Alfa Mix

3.30 Chacun Pour Soi

4.10 Josies Orders

4.50 Thyme White

5.30 Ask A Honey Bee and Ocean Wind - both to win
I like your optimism Dev.
Big Bore Exhaust = Small Dick
Always back the horse that comes first
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

It looks to me as though you`re using the same clairvoyant that I use for the Prediction League, Dev. Personally, I reckon he should stick to his day-job.
themaclad likes this post
I'm not bad at picking horses, I rarely bet. When I pick horses I go off the numbers, colours and sometimes the name. I don't bother with form etc.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
When I used to go to the races the following rules had to apply
Back if they had a fit looking stable lass and never back a horse that was having a dump in the parade ring
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

To my mind, Mac, that`s as good a way as any.
themaclad likes this post
Chesterfield ran in the 2.50 and Champagne Well knocked into him with 2 jumps left in the race and unseated the jockey.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
I think Chesterfield was 100/1 yesterday ……….. it was a race in which he didn't have much hope. Like me. So here we go again. One winner yesterday and an idiot could have found that ……. and did.

1.30 Faugheen

2.10 The Storyteller

2.50 A Plus Tard

3.30 Paisley Park and put a saver to win on Penhill

4.10 Siruh Du Lac and Happy Diva both each way

4.50 Fort Worth Texas each way

5.30 Fitzhenry and an each way on The Young Master

If I'd have known yesterday morning that Chacun Pour Soi was not going to run I'd have thought Politologue was buying money. Amazingly I have an online betting account which is well in profit. Today I'm dubious about the week's most obvious winner, Paisley Park. Things go wrong at Cheltenham. By the way I spent 14 years working opposite the racecourse and for 8 of them only lived 5 minutes walk away. I ought to know what I'm doing! AND I've twice backed 50/1 winners on course there. Obviously Devon has drained me of my powers, or maybe age ……….. Agreeing is not compulsory.

I do like to find strange long-odds winners, which is a way to lose money, but it's fun. Today for example my bet of the day would be:-
Kiwayu 4.25 at Doncaster, currently on offer at 40/1
This horse has 555 days off-course before its last race in which it was pulled up four hurdles out, which is quite a long way from the finish. Prior to being injured all that time ago the horse was in form. The reason to back it today is B. Hughes the jockey. He is trying to win the jockey's championship and instead of being at Cheltenham he has gone up to Doncaster to ride in every race. He is only riding one rank outsider (Kiwayu). Mike Sowersby is very much a small time trainer and next to never engages a jockey challenging for a championship. The other horse Mr Sowersby has running today has form of PP -pulled up on his only two runs. That gives you a flavour of the stable. Mr Sowersby makes the best of cheap horses. Kiwayu however is a well-bred animal so there might be a reason to tilt at this windmill. It'll probably come last but just maybe ……….
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »