Bomber 19 2 3 5 3 1
Derby 16 1 3 5 6 1
B.B.B. 10 0 6 -3 3 0
Sanjay 10 2 4 -3 -3 0
A.A.A. 9 1 2 NP 3 0
St Charles 6 0 4 -3 3 0
Beefy 6 1 2 -3 3 0
Zinman 4 0 3 -3 3 0

A good week of scoring in the PL, and a weekly table that almost mirrors the current league table. Previous long time leader Themaclad takes the win this week with 24 points, courtesy of a CS on the Gamball and points on 5 other games as well. Current PL leader Bomber comes in next on 19 points, he will see his lead diminish by 5 points but he will for sure be happy to be in second spot. Derby is in 3rd on 16 points, he has given himself a real boost in his attempt to escape the relegation playoff spot with a CR Gamball and a CS on the Bonus.

In joint 4th place are BBB and Sanjay on 10 points, BBB scored on 6 games but didn’t manage any CS so this kept his score down, and this is going to see him drop from 2nd spot in the table. Sanjay also managed 6 scoring games and had 2 CS, but missing on all his balls hurt his score, he will stay safely in mid-table. AAA comes in 5th on 9 points, just 3 games produced points including a CR Bonus and like Sanjay his mid table position will be maintained.

The bottom 3 this week are all in the bottom 4 in the current table!! Joint 7th are St Charles and Beefy on 6 points. SCO again failed to get any CS and missed the Gamball, although for the first time this season he forecast a Wednesday loss and duly got a CR Bonus on that game!!! Beefy dropped back to his normal form, scoring on just 3 games including his Bonus but as has been the story of his season he missed on the Gamball. After a few decent weeks Zinman is in 9th and last place this week on just 4 points. He failed to get any CS and made a rare excursion into the Gamball game and lost!!! Derby will close the gap on him, but SCO and Beefy will stay rooted in the relegation spots!!!

Cheers
SCO

Twerton 21pts 3CS 6CR 10GB -3BB 0SB
Joker 19pts 3CS 7CR -3GB 6BB 0SB
Amelia 19pts 1CS 6CR 5GB 3BB 1SB
Stairs 12pts 2CS 5CR -3GB 3BB 0SB
Lady J 6pts 1CS 3CR -3GB 3BB 0SB
Snooty 6pts 0CS 4CR -3GB 3BB 0SB
MightyB 4pts 0CS 3CR -3GB 3BB 0SB
BaggieOne 4pts 0CS 3CR -3GB 3BB 0SB

Springtime - the days are getting longer, the trees are blossoming* and the prediction season is approaching its usual dramatic climax. Will Beefy's unforgettable last minute collapse be repeated?

It certainly doesn't look like it in the Championship as Twerton's grip on the title seems to be unassailable. Yet another table topping week for him, helped by a maximum on his gamball though oddly he was the only player to get his bonus wrong. Joker came back refreshed from his mid season break to claim second place with Amelia. Joker equalled Twerton's 3 correct scores and had a week's best 7 correct results. Unfortunately one of his 3 fails was the gamball, keeping him off top spot. Amelia's surge up the table since deciding to play with Beefy's balls has been amazing and she was at it again this week, gaining points from all of the balls. This was her 5th consecutive double figure score since changing her policy - could she regret not giving into temptation earlier? She was also the only player to gain the extra scoreball point in a week where goals seemed very hard to come by.

A bit of a gap to Stairs, all alone in mid table on 12 points for the week as he tries desperately to climb off the foot of the table - the gap between him and his fellow strugglers may have helped him.

Not much to choose between the rest. Lady Jane and Snooty seem less determined to avoid last place though they are kept off the foot of this week's table by MightyBrom and BaggieOne.

Twerton will remain way ahead of the rest but the battle for the second promotion place is hotting up with Joker, BaggieOne and Amelia locked in a desperate fight for the lucrative spot (Ok, it's maybe not that lucrative ...in fact it's utterly worthless but just think of the bragging rights...they're equally worthless). MightyBrom appears to be self-isolating in mid table but a couple of good weeks could still bring him into contention and at the bottom Stairs, Lady Jane and Snooty are having their own private battle to avoid the shame ofthe wooden spoon.

*At least here in California - I suspect things might be rather darker and damper in Blighty.

Zin

Beefy 1965, Amelia Chaffinch, Lord Snooty And 2 others like this post
An excellent report on both leagues, and speedy, so well done Thumb up 

I have personally grown to hate extra time in games, they have caused me to lose so many points, it hurts. Eg that 96th goal by Man U for 2-0 when i predicted 1-0. Says it all.
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
It's so gutting that I've missed a few weeks - only played 214 compared to everyone else's 260 and I'm still 3rd and only 2 points behind 2nd!!

Snoots and I are sat in a garden centre having lunch and he has just said he's got to admire my balls.  Laugh
Zinman, TheFunkyJoker, St Charles Owl And 2 others like this post
(09-03-2020, 14:42)Amelia Chaffinch Wrote: Snoots and I are sat in a garden centre having lunch and he has just said he's got to admire my balls.  Laugh

Obviously meaning chicken balls, huh Whistle
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
I'm veggie.  Tongue
I was quoting Blackadder.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
You could have quoted from Don't Lose Your Head!!
Just a quick recap of where we stood way back in the middle of March

This is crap I don't remember being bottom Sad
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »