Thread Rating:
Not our night.
Northern Italy is in lockdown but Ryanair still are flying into and out of Bergamo Airport in the middle of the dead zone ???
On the radio this morning a group of 12 people left Doncaster Airport yesterday for a skiing holiday in Northern Italy. They couldnt't get a refund so decided to go ???
Footballers didnt handshake but after a foul on match of the day offered a hand to the fouled player to help him up. After a goal there was a group hug or worse. Players were gobbing all over the field for others to roll or slide in???
But hey, wash your hands regularly and you will be ok.
Tell you what, the only way to avoid it is dont breathe, its that simple.
Big Bore Exhaust = Small Dick
One of the laughs is the strategy is to delay it until summer.

According to Billy Connolly they only have two seasons in Scotland - June and Winter. So they've got no need to worry about independence or Alec Salmond's rape case. They're fkcued.

Why would a virus kill its host in the first place? If it does it can only spread for a very limited period and it dies itself. Surely it is in the virus's best interests to keep its host alive and bring in as many potential hosts to visit as possible. It's making a big mistake attacking all these vulnerable old people, it should be getting into schools and colleges and spreading like wildfire through hosts so busy with puberty and Instagram they just think they'll have a lie-in tomorrow and get over it.

Last night Mansfield won the team dog agility at Crufts. Their team was called Focus. Every one of them was overweight and they all had dogs that were the canine equivalent of Usain Bolt. If they'd just take the dog for a walk three times a day instead of driving down the Church Hall and forcing the dog to imitate Colin Jackson ……… maybe everyone would benefit. Focus! In Mansfield! Why would man, woman or dog focus if they were in Mansfield? What would they focus on ………… other than the road to Chesterfield?

You do have to laugh though, the two big solutions are wash your hands like mummy told you and isolate yourself like they did from the Black Death in the Middle Ages.
I didn`t go at the week-end either, so that seems to make a full house of absentees. I wasn`t feeling too well; I seemed to have picked up a bug from somewhere (not that one ). Well, I assume it wasn`t `that one` as I`m feeling much better today so if it was my ancient and decrepit immune system deserves a medal for performance above and beyond.

Interestingly, though, although I`ve still got a cough and had to go up to the quack`s this morning for a shingles jab that I`d been asked to have, the nurse showed no concern at all. We had a chat about it – Monday morning`s a quite time , it seems – and both her thoughts and mine are very much in line with what you guys have already said. Most people who contract it will deal with it more easily than they would the `flu; it`s our glorious press that seems intent on scaring the brown and nasty out of everybody – plus the natural inclination of human beings to panic and over-react at every opportunity (but not to the point where they will actually take common-sense precautions, obviously) – that`s the real problem. I sat watching several people walking into the surgery without bothering to use the hand-sanitizers that are always there; presumably they think they`re okay on the basis that they were down at ASDA at the week-end buying half a hundredweight of bog-rolls.

I noticed as well, Dancing, that footballers still can`t resist having a kiss and a cuddle whenever a goal was scored (and that rugby players seem still to be happy to stick their heads up each other`s arse at every scrum - I`ll bet that`s a sanitizer-free zone as well!). Any preventative action we take is likely to be nothing more than cosmetic; the thing is just going to have to run its course and if it turns out that my number`s up, then my number`s up. I reached my three-score-and- ten a couple of weeks ago, so my family tells me I`m on borrowed time now anyway (they`re nice like that).

Personally, I`m inclined to the view that there are too many humans on the surface of the planet these days and that the odd pandemic now and then is Mother Nature`s way of balancing things out. Like you though, Dev, I just don`t happen to think that this is one of her more serious attempts. Now, if she decides to let an updated, fully refurbished and weaponised version of bubonic plague loose on us..........

Anyway, I`m pleased we got the win as well and that we`re out of the bottom four; I reckon that we might get a result at Dover as well. Who knows, I might even decide to get off my backside and go and watch us again someday soon. (By the way, can anybody tell me why they`re talking about only three going down from the NL this year?)

All the best to everybody; keep stock-piling the Andrex.
(09-03-2020, 19:53)SaltergateBorn Wrote: Anyway, I`m pleased we got the win as well and that we`re out of the bottom four; I reckon that we might get a result at Dover as well. Who knows, I might even decide to get off my backside and go and watch us again someday soon. (By the way, can anybody tell me why they`re talking about only three going down from the NL this year?)

All the best to everybody; keep stock-piling the Andrex.

Due to Bury going out of the league. At the moment it looks like another FL club could be on the verge of going and that could be Oldham, Macclesfield or Southend.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Thanks for that, Matt. I`d forgotten all about the Bury business; it seems like a lifetime ago now.
Sa'afend are always in trouble it seems, but they can drag in a decent crowd ………. but there's a lot of crime down there.
Oldham, I'd hate to see them go. It would make that whole area even more like Desolation Row.
Macclesfield, I think were an Icarus; they flew a bit too high for their wing-wax.

As for Bat Flu', what does it say for us as a nation that we hit what might be a disaster or could well be just a bump in the road and our reaction is to go out and strip supermarket shelves of toilet rolls? How long before some old pensioner is found dead in a house full of toilet rolls and devoid of food?

What's particularly strange about the Bury business is that the new Bury AFC or whatever is applying for membership lower down the pyramid, the EFL expelled the old Bury, but the National League waits to make its announcement on promotion and relegation issues which will have a knock-on effect ……. because of the possibility of the dead Bury being resurrected …….. despite court judgements which have held a mirror to the lips and brain-death being certified.

My suggestion for Saturday's fixture list is that teams across the country should trot out to The Black Angel's Death Song by Velvet Underground.

My favourite virus was Murs. Who knew it would turn out to be a singer? Congratulations on your three score and ten Salts …….. next time your family talk about borrowed time tell them that at least it took you 70 years to get there and according to Extinction Rebellion the rest of humanity is reaching a similar point. That should be a conversation stopper.
Thinking of putting 1 sheet of toilet paper on ebay for £5 Buy Now with £4.99 postage. Reason for sale - constipation. Bet I would get some takers.
Big Bore Exhaust = Small Dick
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »