Thread Rating:
WBA vs Newcastle - FA Cup Fifth Round Match Thread
Good points made there BlueB, especially the 'game of 2 halves' issue for us
(04-03-2020, 12:17)Blue Baggie Wrote: I totally understand some being happy with the positives to come from the game, but it depends on your out look. Where as I see the PL as a cash cow others see it as the target. I still feel the greatest moment in my WBA lifetime is winning the FA Cup. We constantly look to make excuses every year why as a club it's no longer worth winning. We're either focused on relegation or promotion. Do we have a hope of getting within 3 wins of winning the PL, I don't think so. Did we get within 3 wins of winning the FA Cup yes and we play our reserve squad against a full strength PL team who are struggling against relegation. I get so disappointed we treat the cup with such contempt. It's a wonder any fans bother going to watch or even support a club that can't be bothered. We only put on 1 or 2 first teamers and we almost won. I'm not happy with the club, the management and for me promotion will not make me forget how poorly us the fans are respected and treated.
Rant over.

I agree totally with you, Blue.
I'd love it if we could turn the clock back a few decades before Sky arrived on the scene. And I sometimes wish the Yanks would get a liking for 'our' game, and take all the top European players over there, leaving us with just the 2nd best British players.
Trouble is my dream's not going to happen in the rest of MY life. I'll just have to go along with the present capitalist scenario where Money even rules our leisure time. This means that getting into, and staying in, the Prem is just about all that a smallish Club like ourselves can aspire to. If we were to play in the Final on the Sunday or Monday night ( Sad ) before a 6-pointer relegation match in the Prem on the Wednesday, we'd play the 'B' team at Wembley!
Wembley '68 was one of THE best memories of my life (ok - that's sad, but I'm not alone).
Putting THAT team out last night said it all, and I bet that most of The Board were punching the air in the Boardroom.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
As stupid as it sounds, with most PL sides fielding 2nd strings and kids. If you play a full strength side you have the best chance ever of winning the FA Cup. You still need that bit of luck and if you did make it to the final you would be certain to be facing a top side. But even the underdog has his day. I will carry on dreaming.
And to add the coincedence factor recently W's are the luckiest underdogs West Ham - Wimbledon - Wigan (I can't recall any of them playing the reserves)
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »