Thread Rating:
Celtic 3 Killie 1 - The Hoops go 12 pts clear!!
And suddenly a Broonyless Hoops team registers another win after a slight early "blip" in conceding an early goal to a pk conversion by Brophy! "One way traffic" after that and that deadly striking duo, Edouard and Griffiths, "deliver the crucial goals" to earn those 3 valuable pts after a jaded Rangers side suddenly dropped 2 more pts v Saint Johnstone, a few days after being "run ragged" and given a "footie lesson" by a Portuguese footie team called Braga that somehow conceded one of the biggest "thefts" of a footie victory that I've ever seen in decades of watching footie - a case of how many scoring opps dya wanna scorn against a "rank rotten" Rangers defence!!!??? Anyway, the pts gap increases even more as Celtic not relenting in their quest to win another domestic "treble".
The fat lady hasn't sung yet, but she's definitely clearing her throat.

Teams have sussed sevco's 4-3-3 out and they don't have the players or the coaching ability to change their style to counter it, the result midweek papered over the cracks a bit but in reality as you said braga totally outclassed them and should have won that game comfortably. Gerrard has enjoyed the luck of the devil in Europe. Morelos has also totally chucked it and looks like he's consoling his marital woes at Burger King.

If I was a hun I'd be genuinely pissed off at how Gerrard ALWAYS throws the players under the bus and goes for self preservation and his own reputation first in press interviews. You can tell he's thinking about his next job, its always about him. Good managers don't do that.

Celtic on the other hand sorted themselves out in Dubai and worked on new formations and tactics and are firing their way towards the split well in front. Edouard and Griffiths working so well together is something I didn't see coming.
0762 likes this post
Re Gerrard "throwing his players under the bus", I notice some Rangers players clearly not "busting a gut" in certain instances today - mere coincidence?
It must be so dispiriting being in that hun dressing room having slippy telling the world how shite you are and how he isn't surprised how shite you are. Then your rivals across the city are winning every week. Most of those sevco players don't really care about the club and couldn't care less whether Celtic win 10 in a row or not.

Gerrard has been given a lot of money to spend and he's mostly spunked it on average players like Kent or ojo. Or giving mega bucks extensions to guys at the end of their careers like Defoe and Davis (his mates coincidentally)

No way will Gerrard want to be around there when Celtic do 10 in a row, it would damage his career. The perception in England is that he is doing a good job, and is a good young coach. I think that is very much a case of the jury still being out, he may well be better going in the summer depending how the Scottish cup games go. His name and the europa league results will probably give him a tilt at a championship job.

On the other hand I notice van dijk praising Neil Lennon's ability as a coach and his role in helping him become one of the best players in the world. We will see if slippy G ever gets to achieve that for a player never mind become Liverpool manager.
Stevie G doesn't seem to have grasped an important facet of management. Its how you react to defeat not victory that's really important.

I have no doubt that arsehole thought he had the league won in December and his players treated the winter break like a holiday.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »