Thread Rating:
We trust you ..... a little bit ......
Chorley Station is a 2 minute walk from the market and town centre SGB. Was there a few months ago but no idea where the ground was relative to the station. There were plenty of pubs in town and it was a nice place.
Have always liked Buxton myself Dev but anywhere that can lose a days cricket to snow in June (was it in the 70's or 80's) seems to have global warming bypassing it bye and me for that matter, too bloody cold.
Holymoorside is too quiet for you Dev. Matlock is quite cosmopolitan now with wine bars and deli's. Keep away from the river and you will be fine.

I've got us down to win the next 2. I really fancy our chances against Harrogate. We are a completely different team with a different ethos to the one they played earlier this season.
Big Bore Exhaust = Small Dick
Yeah Buxton is lovely, but the highest town in England kind of resonates when I think about it. My partner loved it, but he never even considered moving there. Equally he looked at Salcombe down here and agreed it is one of the most beautiful places ever ……. but in summer it is packed with grockalls and in winter it is empty and shrouded in mist and Totnes has a mainline station when you need to escape from the hippies.

Yes I thought Matlock and up a hill a bit might be the answer, though I may not be as cosmopolitan as you imagine. The quiet of Holymoorside, a little walk to Cat Holes, picking wild bilberries on the moor (though I've no idea what to do with them) ……….. sounds attractive to me too.

Hope you are right about tonight. I've only been to Chorley once by the way and it seemed okay to me too.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »