Zinman 10 0 4 NP 3 1
Sanjay 9 1 3 -3 3 1
B.B.B. 9 2 3 -3 -3 0
A.A.A. 8 1 3 NP -3 1
Bomber 7 0 4 -3 3 1
Themaclad 5 1 1 5 -3 1
St Charles 5 0 3 -3 3 1
Derby 0 0 3 -3 -3 0

Well what do we have here?? I do believe that for the first time this season Beefy is topping the scores!! Is this finally the resurgence he has been promising for weeks now? Are we seeing the first shoots of spring coming out of the ground? Will Beefy actually put up a fight against relegation? No one knows for sure yet but for at least this week he is top of the pile!! He finished on 11 points but had Northampton held it he would have been 8 points higher and way ahead of the rest!! As it was he had to settle for scoring on 5 games and of course missing on the Gamball!!

Zinman takes 2nd spot with 10 points, this follows up on his top spot last week so he is showing some signs of being able to maybe escape relegation. 3rd spot goes to Sanjay on 9 points who picked up a third of his points with his Bonus

BBB missed on both his balls to cancel out the good job he did on the other games!! but still managed to pick 8 points along with AAA in joint 5th, nothing spectacular here, he just keeps trundling along in the middle of the pack!! Bomber is 6th on 7 points, he can't seem to predict a Correct Score these days and that is just holding him back in the chase for the title. Themaclad is in joint 8th as his up and down season continues, this week he was the only one to get positive points on the Gamball. St Charles also finished on 5 points, another lower end result for him and relegation is definitely staring him in the face!!! Last place this week goes to Derby, he managed 3 CR but missed on all his balls to cancel those points out and finish on zero points!! He and BBB were the only players this week to not pick up the scoreball point this week.

Not sure these results will see much change in the table!!!!

Cheers
SCO

Joker 23pts 3CS 6CR 5GB 3BB 1SB
BaggieOne 11pts 1CS 4CR 5GB -3BB 1SB
Twerton 11pts 1CS 4CR 5GB -3BB 1SB
Amelia 10pts 1CS 4CR 5GB -3BB 0SB
MightyBrom 8pts 1CS 4CR -3GB 3BB 0SB
Stairs 8pts 0CS 4CR 5GB -3BB 0SB
Snooty 3pts 0CS 4CR -3GB -3BB 1SB
Lady Jane 2pts 0CS 2CR -3GB 3BB 0SB

Don't you just love a last minute goal? Spurs' at Villa made for a great start to Sunday and Walsall's on Saturday helped several of the Championship players to a respectable score (as well as screwing up Beefy's gamball prediction thereby saving us all from a week of posts about his rather overdue resurgence).

Last week it was Amelia scoring more than double the player in second, this week it was Joker's turn, reacting to the increasing competition for promotion. I will admit to checking the timing of his submission as he got the first 3 scores spot on (highly suspicious) but all seems to be ok. Those 3 correct scores were accompanied by a further 3 correct results and positives from all balls to give him 23 points and, by my calculation, lifting him back into the promotion places.

Something of a logjam under Joker as the next 6 players all got 4 correct results. BaggieOne and Twerton share 2nd place on 11 points achieved in identical fashion. Amelia, not enjoying Beefy's balls quite so much this week, is just a point further back due to a failure on the scoreball. Stairs and MightyBrom lie just 2 points further back, MightyB losing points from his gamball but getting the bonus correct, Stairs being the first of those with 4 correct results not to get a score right.

Snooty also got 4 correct predictions but was the only player this week to get both his gamball and bonus wrong and may not agree with my opening paragraph as that Walsall goal cost him 8 points. His mid season surge now seems well behind him but at least he didn't fall to the bottom this week. That honour falls, for the 3rd time in the last 4 weeks, to Lady Jane. On Saturday night she was on for a complete wipe out but was saved by 2 correct results on Sunday, including her bonus.

Zin

Cup tables to follow Thumb up
Amelia Chaffinch, St Charles Owl, Sanjay And 1 others like this post
Just one good week
Just one good week ....

Thanks Walsall Angry
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
But the big question is “has Beefy’s resurgence been good enough to get through to the knock out phase of the cup?”.

I think we all know the answer.
They say that ignorance is bliss - no wonder so many people are happy.
Concentrating on the league :-)
(18-02-2020, 00:48)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Concentrating on the league :-)

Surely all your concentration is on how you are going to get promoted back to the Premier division next season!
(18-02-2020, 13:07)twertonparkbaggie Wrote:
(18-02-2020, 00:48)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Concentrating on the league :-)

Surely all your concentration is on how you are going to get promoted back to the Premier division next  season!

Never say never mate Cool
(17-02-2020, 22:37)bomberbrown1968 Wrote: Don't you just love a last minute goal?

No, that last minute goal cost me a record week Angry

(17-02-2020, 22:37)bomberbrown1968 Wrote: I will admit to checking the timing of his submission as he got the first 3 scores spot on (highly suspicious) but all seems to be ok.

Sounds like a false accusation. I demand compensation in the form of Beefy's points this week. Whistle

Come on Beef just put the Albion game as the Gamball and predict us to lose. The team may as well benefit from your kiss of death predictions Whistle
Well if I'm going to listen to anyone ....
It's not you two ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Doh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »