Thread Rating:
Pemberton does it again.
Not at all pretty but a battling performance wins us 3 pts.

Thought we had blown it when Evans headed way over Jalal to put us a goal behind but not for long. Denton scored with his foot I'll repeat that Denton scored with his foot. Not very often that happens put Pembo seems to have given Denton some confidence and he went through 2 defenders (literally) to slot home. We then bossed the rest of the first half. They should have been down to 10 men after an atrocious high tackle on Tyson. As usual the ref was god awful and gave them everything, a yellow was all he gave.

Second half we came out with concrete boots on. We looked sluggish and were incapable of playing the ball on the floor in blustery wind, the ball went all over the place. Again the ref gave us nothing for a blatant handball in the area but justice was served at the end, did it cross the line? Who cares.
The thing was we kept going, our heads didnt drop and we actually scored in the 94th minute instead of the opposition. Oh how good that feels, a last minute winner!!!

I think Pembertons 6 week trial ends next week. For once please please please Allen and Carson do the right thing. 8 games in charge 3 wins, 4 draws, 1 loss means give the man a job not bring in somebody else.
Big Bore Exhaust = Small Dick
3+3+1=8?

Pembo's clearly found some new magic with numbers.

My solution is don't anything, just let it run. It worked for Barnsley a couple of years ago.

From 2014/5 on York City were the highest points scorer to go down with 50 points. Over the season so far we are on target for 51. If Pembo could retain his present rate of gathering points we'd be heading for 55.
There going to make a decision this week on the managerial job.

He deserves the job till the end of the season and if he keeps us up then he should be given it next season.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
(08-02-2020, 21:19)Devongone Wrote: 3+3+1=8?

Pembo's clearly found some new magic with numbers.

My solution is don't anything, just let it run. It worked for Barnsley a couple of years ago.

From 2014/5 on York City were the highest points scorer to go down with 50 points. Over the season so far we are on target for 51. If Pembo could retain his present rate of gathering points we'd be heading for 55.

Edited Dev, Maths was never my strong point Blush
Nor mine Dancing. Well I was good at arithmetic ……… but I was in hospital for the second week of grammar school ……… when I got back to school suddenly everybody was adding up letters and proving angles were equal to each other.

Nobody ever bothered to explain what was happening. And throughout school I can never remember being in a class in which a pupil voluntarily asked a teacher what was happening.

As I could come top in English the assumption was that I just wasn't trying in Maths. I was. I had to get about 70% in Arithmetic just to avoid being bottom when the Algebra and Geometry scores were added in.

Re Pembo- Taking into account the standard of decision-making that has brought us to the National League relegation zone from Division One play-offs I'd say NOT making a decision at all now would be the best decision for several seasons. Just keep paying him and tell him what a great job he's doing. If you make him manager for the rest of the season you're telling him you don't really trust him or the decision you're making. You are saying to him that you think there's a strong possibility he'll get us relegated and will have to be sacked …….. but just at the moment he's probably the best option out there. If you can't decide whether to love him or list him ……. just do nothing.
The job was advertised when Pemberton was appointed. Ronnie Moore has said in the press he has applied and the club said they had over 30 applicants. I assume there was a short list and maybe even interviews. I just hope that they dont even think about giving it anybody else.
There are a lot of things wrong at the club and I am aware of some big issues.
Sheridan left us in a real mess with the lop sided squad and wages set up. Pemberton has performed a minor miracle so far. Half time under Sheridan the subs came out and literally messed about kicking balls to one another. Under Pemberton they do a structured training session.
We've seen the back of the worst unfit centre back I have seen pull on a blue shirt - gob almighty Gerrard. The team spirit is so much better, you can see it on the pitch for the first time in months. Thats down to 1 man.
It would make common sense to stick with Pemberton till the end of the season.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Just write to all the applicants and tell them that under the circumstances we've decided to change nothing until after the season ends. Give Pembo a nice bonus, thank him and ask him to keep going for the rest of the season AS IS when the club will be in a position to assess its own future.

At the moment we could appoint a Gary Bowyer. We might decide to put him on Gary Bowyer money and give him a two-year contract. Come the end of April we'll realise we are going to be doing that in the National League North ………. And whatever budget we have for re-building will be depleted when we sack Gary for not keeping us up and as usual have to pay him off. Or we might give the job to Pembo, live to regret it and want to ditch him, who is to say?

This league is impossible to predict with Barrow, Halifax and Bromley up top and Chesterfield, Wrexham, Aldershot, Dagenham and Fylde fighting relegation; it has a very upside-down look. All the teams around us are at least as capable as us of putting together a good run. We could end up looking far better than we have under Sheridan and still be relegated. So if we want to be ready to come back up the last thing we need is the legacy of a poor decision to avoid relegation that went completely tits ……..
I didnt know if our 3rd goal had actually crossed the line and the highlights are not clear.
These photo's however show the ball clearly did go in then bounce out again https://thechesterfieldmagazine.com/the-...-pictures/ - it gets there eventually if you dont lose the will to live in the meantime.
Well done Weston, the linesman (who flagged for a goal straight away) and the photographer. It should shut up the Wrexham players and manager who claim the ball never crossed the line.
There is obviously a Wrexham fan in charge of the National League content on the BBC website. Roughly half of all the stories are about Wrexham. If one of our defenders got injured would that rate a story? And would it rate another if he then were likely to be out for the rest of the season? And if he played for Halifax it would even less newsworthy.

By the way Marshall Willock scored for Grantham on Saturday. Didn't know he'd ended up there. Maybe he's still more promising than anything we've got?

If we don't go down and Chester don't come up first new defender I'd try for is James Jones. He's had a torrid time with unsuccessful moves and injuries, but he's still only about 21. Scored on Saturday by the way. And Alex Brown made one for Buxton with a lovely pass apparently. Another versatile defender we could get for nothing ……..

Weston seems to have the knack of late late goals. Let Wrexham keep moaning, they might demoralise themselves into losing a few more. You can't spend your time and energy on your last defeat if you want to move forward ………… Oh Wrexham how you were robbed and look how unlucky you've been to be robbed of promotion for the last 12 years ……..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »