Thread Rating:
Hamilton 1 Celtic 4 - the Hoops go 7 pts clear!!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51253100
Celtic not at their best today and yet the final score line does not suggest that fact!! Jullien given a very uncomfortable 1st half by the Hamilton CF, Ogkmpoe, and Celtic briefly losing 1-0. Odsonne Edouard proving again how valuable a player he is with a "brace" of goals and should've scored a "hat trick". Lenny's use of his subs, Christie, Rogic and Hayes, in the 2nd half was a "game changer" in ensuring a solid Hoops victory at the end. From a Celtic point of view, this was another potential "banana skin" on an artificial pitch "done n dusted"! IMO these games on artificial pitches could well be the crucial fixtures that matter in winning another league title and this result adds another 3 pts alongside the match win v Killie on another artificial pitch.
Thought they had blown it to be honest, they weren't very good. Edouard is a superb player and is the difference often. Accies played and defended well, makes me wonder why they are so low in the table. Then again with a pitch that looks like a 3 year old pair of cords and about 50 supporters its probably better if they go down.

I've noticed a difference in Lennon this season, he's a lot more chilled and savvy with the media this time out. He knows the league is often about winning ugly and pushing and pushing until your fitness and good players make the difference. He's doing a good job there.

Maybe Gerrard and co shouldn't have celebrated in the way they did at parkhead. I'm sure they thought they had won the league that day.
0762 likes this post
I'm fairly confident that the gap is far too much for Rangers to close and another title is Parkhead bound.
I thought Griffiths should have been red carded for his "stamp" but Celtic were so far in front it became immaterial to the result.
You need to take advantage of any break you get Celtic did just that.
At first I thought so too wattie, but the Hamilton player grabbed his boot and he had nowhere else to go. I don't think he used particular force, if he had it would have been a straighter leg.

Think he thought about it though !!
Yep! The guy held on to his boot and prob looking for a reaction!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »