Thread Rating:
New manager
So would you like Tim Flowers as manager?

Or would you go along with Pembo?

He took over Solihull when they were struggling and it's only recently they've started looking back.
Stick with Pemburton for me. He deserves it.
Big Bore Exhaust = Small Dick
Stick with Pemberton till the end of the season and see how he does. If he keeps us up then he should be given a 1 year rolling contract.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Personally I'd try for both if they think they could work together.

Almost every club adopts the same managerial structure and for 90% of them it ends up in failure and regular managerial replacements. There are very few Klopps and Guardiolas out there waiting for a berth in non-league football ……… I'd be inclined to look for something a bit different with a view to re-building the club in the long term.
Dev,
Bottom line is simply we cant afford it. DA wont invest any more and we need any spare funds for the playing budget.
Big Bore Exhaust = Small Dick
(29-01-2020, 18:51)Dancingwilldoit Wrote: Dev,
Bottom line is simply we cant afford it. DA wont invest any more and we need any spare funds for the playing budget.

I think you're wrong there Dancing. We could afford it if Flowers was manager and Pemberton was assistant. Anyway looks like Flowers could be going to Cambridge as they've sacked Colin Calderwood.

Er we only spend on wages, which we pay having recruited the wrong players and then we have to spend again paying off the unsuccessful manager who did all the usual things and predictably failed.

It would be far cheaper to get it right at the top including a man like Pembo who would be an excellent sounding board and recruiter ……….. avoid filling the bench and backroom with dead wood and produce team/s which were winning and developing.

In oh so many ways persistent failure and lack of imagination are extremely expensive. How many new players could we have got instead of paying off Sheridan?

But you're right, we'll think we can't afford it and decide to paint our future magnolia. How many times are we going to do the same things with different faces before we wake up or cease to exist?
(29-01-2020, 19:29)Devongone Wrote: Er we only spend on wages, which we pay having recruited the wrong players and then we have to spend again paying off the unsuccessful manager who did all the usual things and predictably failed.

It would be far cheaper to get it right at the top including a man like Pembo who would be an excellent sounding board and recruiter ……….. avoid filling the bench and backroom with dead wood and produce team/s which were winning and developing.

In oh so many ways persistent failure and lack of imagination are extremely expensive. How many new players could we have got instead of paying off Sheridan?

But you're right, we'll think we can't afford it and decide to paint our future magnolia. How many times are we going to do the same things with different faces before we wake up or cease to exist?

Very surprised Dev that you never got a job in football because you speak a lot of sense. Then again if you speak a lot of sense in football or politics then you are full too overqualified for the job.

I just think if Dancing had recruited and employed in the way Chesterfield FC have, then he'd have handed his son an empty wallet at best.

Most football clubs follow a very similar model, persistently fail, and fool themselves into believing the very occasional small success represents the light at the end of the tunnel. I don't think you need to be perceptive to work out there's probably something wrong with the model. Every failing club is looking for a manager to turn into their messiah. How many Brian Cloughs are there? And if you are Hartlepool you still end up back in The National League.

We obviously need a plan …….. so equally obviously we need men capable of producing one and turning it into reality within an agreed budget. A Flowers and a Pemberton seem different enough to be good for one another.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »