A.A.A. 5 0 2 NP 3 0
Bomber 2 1 2 -3 -3 0
Derby 2 1 2 -3 -3 0
Zinman 2 0 2 NP -3 1
St Charles 1 1 1 -3 -3 1
Beefy 0 1 1 -3 -3 0
Sanjay -2 0 0 NP -3 1
Derby -6 0 0 -3 -3 0

Everyone bar one person should hang their heads in shame with this weeks miserable scores!!! I believe this is the lowest score this season and I think the lowest since I began scoring - just 19 points were scored in total and 15 of them belongs to one person!!!!! Another first for me since I have been scoring but we will get onto that one later!!

In 1st place by a mile this week is BBB with 15 points. He was the only one to score points on the gamball and he certainly benefitted from that being a CS to boot. Strangely he actually got 3 CS and zero CR predictions, not seen that before!! In 2nd spot is AAA on 5 points, no CS, nothing on the Gamball and the only player to get any points on the Bonus!!

Joint 3rd were three players, Bomber, Derby and Zinman, all on a paltry 2 points. Bomber and Derby had identical scoring, one CS each but missed on all their balls. Zinman didn’t use all his balls but his lack of courage on the Gamball kept his score positive in the end!! The only other player with a positive final score is SCO with 1 point, leaving him 6th place, that one point came from the scoreball, one of only 3 players to get that one!!

Beefy sits in 7th spot with a big fat zero, some resurgence from the mighty one!!!! He got all his balls wrong and cancelled out the CS and CR that he did get. Still he was 2 points better off than Sanjay in 8th place on minus 2!! Had he played the gamball he would have been very thankful that his point on the scoreball kept him off the minimum possible score!!

Our league leader Themaclad though didn’t even have that to lean on, he finishes last on -6!! For the first time I have seen he got absolutely every prediction wrong, missed on all his balls and managed to reach that miserable minimum possible score mark!!!!!!!

Definitely a week to forget for just about everyone and the only consolation is that only one person got a decent score so probably won’t affect the table too much!!

Cheers
SCO

Lady Jane   14pts 2CS 5CR -3GB 6BB 1SB
Amelia          4pts 0CS 2CR 0GB 0BB 0SB
BaggieOne    4pts 1CS 4CR -3GB -3BB 0SB
Stairs           2pts 0CS 4CR -3GB -3BB 0SB
Snooty          0pts 1CS 2CR -3GB -3BB 0SB
Twerton        0pts 1CS 2CR -3GB -3BB 0SB
Joker            -1pt 0CS 2CR -3GB -3BB 1SB
MightyBrom  -4pts 0CS 1CR -3GB -3BB 0SB

Oh dear, everyone should look away now. This was a complete car crash of a weekend in the Championship (with one honourable exception) which saw by far the lowest total points of the season so far. Just 19 points in total (previous worst was 35) and it could have been so much worse as 1 player managed to get 14 of those! No positives from the gamball, just 1 correct bonus and only the 2 scoreballs - 4 matches produced negative total points withnobody scoring anything (well, anything positive) on both the Brighton-Villa and Sheff Wed-Blackburn games.

Lady Jane is the honourable exception with a decent haul of 14 points from a nightmare set of fixtures. She may well have got herself back into the promotion fixture thanks to her 2 correct scores, including the bonus, and 5 correct results - both representing the week's high. Some way back is Amelia - just 2 correct results but a lack of balls saved her from a far worse fate - and BaggieOne who benefited from a rare correct score.Scrambling just into positive territory is Stairs with a decent 4 correct results.

Half of the Championship managed to score zero or below. Twerton and Snooty, 2 of the recent form players, failed to trouble the scorer - at least Twerton's lead in the table shouldn't suffer too much damage given the chasers' performances. Joker seems to have finally rediscovered his form from last season with a score of minus 1 - at least he can gain some consolation from being the only other player with Lady Jane to get a score ball point.

Propping up this week's table with a magnificent score of minus 4 is (not so) MightyBrom. It could have been worse as he was saved from a complete blank week by Walsall's late winner to give him his only correct result.

Zin

St Charles Owl, Baggiebob(BBB), Lord Snooty And 2 others like this post
So that mare for Themaclad means he relinquishes top spot to BBB!!!! Beefy still 30 odd points off safety, obviously waiting for the Chinese New Year before he starts his move up the table!!!
(19-01-2020, 18:44)St Charles Owl Wrote: So that mare for Themaclad means he relinquishes top spot to BBB!!!!  Beefy still 30 odd points off safety, obviously waiting for the Chinese New Year before he starts his move up the table!!!

Good idea Dodgy
There's something wrong somewhere and I just can't put my finger on it Confused

I need title for next week's prediction thread ..... Whistle
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
beefy relegated before easter
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
@Kristien 1965
With the R word not allowed a mention Whistle
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Afterv3 bad weeks, a score.
That's probably the first time I have appreciated Villa - even though Gramps lived 100 yards from the ground.

Unique 3 prediction scores and all correct in game ball - what are the chances of that.

LEADER NOW. Will it last I ask myself? Whistle
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »