Zinman 17 2 3 NP 6 1
Bomber 15 3 2 -3 3 1
Beefy 10 2 4 -3 -3 0
A.A.A. 10 0 4 NP 3 1
Sanjay 9 0 4 5 -3 1
B.B.B. 8 0 3 NP 3 1
Themaclad 7 2 2 -3 -3 1
Derby 6 0 4 -3 3 0

So after the Xmas break, the PL came back with some decent scoring, especially for the Committee members, totaling over 100 points for the week. In 1st place is SCO with a fine 25 points, one of two players to get a CR on the Gamball, he was able to back that up by scoring on 8 of the 10 games and scored points on all of his balls!! A bit back in 2nd spot is Zinman on 17 points who played his Bonus and Scoreball on the same game and came away with a total 7 points from that one game!!

Third place belongs to Bomber on 15 points, he got a weeks high 3 CS but only backed this up with a weeks low 2 CRs which held him back. In joint 4th spot this week is the final member of the committee Beefy and AAA on 10 points. Beefy scored on a fine 6 games out of 10 but missed on every one of his balls to keep him in the middle of the pack!! AAA suffered from being one of 4 players to not register a CS.

Sanjay finds himself in 6th spot on 9 points, mainly due to being the only other person along with SCO to get a CR on the Gamball. BBB is a further point behind in 7th place, his poor form continues and he only scored on a week’s low 3 games, luckily he didn’t play the Gamball and at least got a CR on the Bonus.

Our pre-Xmas league leader Themaclad is in 8th place on 7 points, despite scoring a CS on 2 games he missed on both the Gamball and Bonus Balls to nullify those correct predictions!! In last place this week is Derby on 6 points, no correct scores and a miss on the Gamball kept his score down in the end.

I think the table will see quite a few changes this week after this scoring, but I would imagine Beefy is still rooted to the bottom!!!

Cheers
SCO

Twerton 14pts 1CS 6CR 5GB -3BB 0SB
Snooty 13pts 0CS 4CR 5GB 3BB 1SB
BaggieOne 12pts 2CS 5CR -3GB 3BB 0SB
Joker 11pts 1CS 5CR -3GB 3BB 1SB
Lady Jane 11pts 0CS 3CR 5GB 3BB 1SB
Amelia 10 pts 0CS 5CR 0GB 0BB 0SB
MightyBrom 1pt 0CS 3CR -3GB -3BB 1SB
Stairs 0pts 0CS 3CR -3GB -3BB 0SB

First week back after our mid winter break and some pretty consistent scoring in the Championship - with 2 exceptions. Twerton suffered from a blip in the week before Christmas but got his title chase back up and running with yet another table topping performance. He was one of several players to benefit from a strong Sunday with 9 points from those 3 games including getting the Gamball result correct. Just 1 point further back is Snooty - no correct scores and only 4 correct results but it helps when they include both of his balls. Snooty has now scored in double figures in each of the last 5 weeks - this after scoring above 9 just once in the first 13 weeks! Much more of this and promotion may yet be within his grasp.

One further point behind is BaggieOne who was the only player to get more than 1 correct score, then locked together on 11 points are Joker and Lady Jane. They may have scored the same total but did so from very different routes. Joker got 5 correct results and one correct score while Lady Jane just got 3 results correct, all of them from the Sunday matches, but got a full set of scoring balls. Joker should feel suitably ashamed of being the only person not to predict Man City beating Villa.

Amelia's no ball policy cost her points this week as she did get the gamball result right but again she scored a respectable 10 points, just behind this week's leaders.

So the top 6 separated by just 4 points but then a big gap to this week's stragglers. MightyBrom's promotion bid suffered with him scoring just a single point - his 3 correct results were wiped out by losses on the Gamball and bonus but he did at least have a positive week thanks to his scoreball. Stairs wasn't so lucky and failed to register a single point to leave him cast adrift at the bottom of the overall table after finally showing signs of improvement prior to the break.

Zin

St Charles Owl, Lord Snooty, Amelia Chaffinch like this post
This week makes it look like "The Committee" know what they're doing!

A look at the overall table would suggest otherwise.
They say that ignorance is bliss - no wonder so many people are happy.
(14-01-2020, 23:29)Zinman Wrote: This week makes it look like "The Committee" know what they're doing!

Speak for yourself Zin and the other committee members Whistle
(14-01-2020, 23:29)Zinman Wrote: This week makes it look like "The Committee" know what they're doing!

I'm fairly sure this is the first time this has happened and I am sure it will be the last as well. I did think about putting our joint 4th pair in alphabetical order but that would have ruined a chunk of my commentary!!!
-39 on the Gamball .............

I would have been 4th if I hadn't of played it at all
MMMMMMM Whistle

Still here's the start of my improving run ......
AGAIN warn you all It begins now Wink
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(15-01-2020, 13:44)Beefy 1965 Wrote: -39 on the Gamball .............

MMMMMMM  Whistle

AGAIN warn you all It begins now  Wink

You would be top if you were actually any good at predicting!!!!!! Whistle
(15-01-2020, 21:48)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(15-01-2020, 13:44)Beefy 1965 Wrote: -39 on the Gamball .............

MMMMMMM  Whistle

AGAIN warn you all It begins now  Wink

You would be top if you were actually any good at predicting!!!!!! Whistle

But you’re NOT and you’re NOT Laugh Laugh
You two really need to stop being obsessed with the Beefmeister,
Or I take it I have you worried about my normal after Christmas resurgence Whistle
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(15-01-2020, 13:44)Beefy 1965 Wrote: I would have been 4th if I hadn't of played it at all
MMMMMMM  Whistle

5th actually Tongue
No points at all! I could not have done that if I have tried (other than stupidly high scores)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »