Thread Rating:
Takeover update
Could be before the end of the month according to Carson on Radio Sheffield tonight. Reckons Feb 7th latest.
Mind you with his track record ...................
Big Bore Exhaust = Small Dick
(08-01-2020, 21:59)Dancingwilldoit Wrote: Could be before the end of the month according to Carson on Radio Sheffield tonight. Reckons Feb 7th latest.
Mind you with his track record ...................

Fingers crossed!

Read there has been 37 applicants for the managers job. One of them is Ronnie Moore.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Big setback. The trust have now said they have a shortfall in funding and it will be mid March earliest before they can move forward. As a result DA has put the club back on the market.
One step forward 3 back.
(17-01-2020, 19:00)Dancingwilldoit Wrote: Big setback. The trust have now said they have a shortfall in funding and it will be mid March earliest before they can move forward. As a result DA has put the club back on the market.
One step forward 3 back.

It's a worry if they are struggling to get the money together to purchase the club because if they can't purchase the club then how will they be able to afford to run it?

Dont think its funds to buy the club Matt, I take it as being funding going forward.
(18-01-2020, 12:06)Dancingwilldoit Wrote: Dont think its funds to buy the club Matt, I take it as being funding going forward.

We have to hope that a fan wins the Euro millions.

What was the Trust's motive in raising fans' hopes if their funding was in serious doubt? Wouldn't we have been better off without their intervention and the false hope? In other circumstances they'd have been condemned as time wasters.

If we want to stay up Saturday's game against Fylde looks vital. We've always beaten them when it didn't matter, but I remain doubtful that we can do it when it does.

Pemberton does seem to be opting for a simple, winning strategy and he was unlucky in his treatment at Kidderminster ….. where he apparently drove 50,000 miles scouting out new players for his impoverished club only to be sacked when green shoots of promise began to emerge. If he were prepared to put in such efforts to find us players on the cheap and we adopted that as our way forward I wouldn't mind if our regeneration took place where we are or in the National North. BUT we need something on the field to complement our facilities to attract a buyer so DA can step away.
We need an absolute miracle. This does not look good.

https://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/news/2...-accounts/

(22-01-2020, 18:52)spireitematt Wrote: We need an absolute miracle. This does not look good.

https://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/news/2...-accounts/

But it is the same miracle we've needed since Dave Allen tied us to him with debt. We are not worth the amount we owe. A normal business would be dead in the water.

Even if we could miraculously develop a young player worth £10 million we couldn't get that to clear our debt because every potential buyer would realise we'd have to accept a way lower offer. Euromillions does indeed seem the only hope. I don't buy a ticket until it goes above £30 million, then I could buy Chesterfield and do everything else I want without ever worrying about finances again. £2 million to Orang Utans … same to save the tiger, £1 million for glue for Extinction Rebellion.
(22-01-2020, 13:58)Devongone Wrote: What was the Trust's motive in raising  fans' hopes if their funding was in serious doubt? Wouldn't we have been better off without their intervention and the false hope? In other circumstances they'd have been condemned as time wasters.

If we want to stay up Saturday's game against Fylde looks vital. We've always beaten them when it didn't matter, but I remain doubtful that we can do it when it does.

Pemberton does seem to be opting for a simple, winning strategy and he was unlucky in his treatment at Kidderminster ….. where he apparently drove 50,000 miles scouting out new players for his impoverished club only to be sacked when green shoots of promise began to emerge. If he were prepared to put in such efforts to find us players on the cheap and we adopted that as our way forward I wouldn't mind if our regeneration took place where we are or in the National North. BUT we need something on the field to complement our facilities to attract a buyer so DA can step away.

Good to see you back Dev, hope all is well.
From what I understand the Trust had promises of funding in place to buy the club with borrowings from other sources to fund ongoing budgets. For whatever reason 1 of those secondary funders changed their mind (could have been the figure of JS payoff at circa £150k being added on that scared them).
Hopefully it is just a delay. We wont drop down again with Pemburton at the helm but it wouldnt surprise anybody if we offer the job to somebody else.

Matt,
If the takeover goes through those accounts will be superfluous. The debt to DA will be written off.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »