Thread Rating:
Celtic v Hibs, Sun 14 Dec, KO 3.00pm
So Hibs and Jack Ross travel to Glesca to take on one almighty task to try and achieve any kinda positive result v a Hoops' side that does not lose at home very often. The guys have played reasonably well and arriving at Celtic Park after a great 3-1 result v the Dons that certainly "lifted spirits" even amongst the Hibs support. Hopefully Hibs defence "holds up" and IMO that depends on what kinda mood Paul Hanlon is in tomorrow afternoon. Just give it their "best shot" and see where it takes us. I'd take a draw even if it was a lucky point earned but I'm well aware Celtic will be after the 3 pts with the title race being currently "too close for comfort".

GGTTH
They haven't been playing well for weeks now. Where our confidence should be high.

Tricky but not impossible to get something. Should be a good game!
Cant honestly see us doing much here other than keeping the score down, Hamilton gave them a game a couple weeks ago but Celtic also rested a whole load of players mid week so its a hard one i feel
Celtic winning this match 2-0 and "coasting" with about 5 mins to go. Hibs not taking their scoring opps earlier in this match and duly punished!! Unfortunately Rocky injured and we are stuck with Maxwell again - can we not give Bogdan a chance esp with Rangers visiting ER next Friday!!? I don't like Maxwell, don't rate him!! We move on anyway - gotta regroup and "go again"!
Bogdan is apparently not match fit yet. We played the best team in the country today and only lost 2-0, at least we didnt get hammered.
Lost 2-0, and was a fair reflection of play. They are a good side and they have found a real star in young frimpong.

We played well in places and made the odd chance but were just too careless with the ball too often. Doidge was anonymous, and Kamberi had the kind of performance that drove Lennon off his rocker when he was with us. Im not sure about mallan and Allan in midfield together either.

That said I like our shape and it was miles better than the performance v them at Hampden. On to Friday and the visit of the invincible stevieeeeeee gerrrards rainjurzzzzzzzzzzz. Just minus the 60 million pound striker who stupidly got himself sent off the day
0762 likes this post
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10466
Aye! The reformed and "untouchable" (by Scot refs!) Morelos finally "blotted his copybook" by getting red-carded but remember that Paul Hanlon will have to handle Defoe on Friday night. As highlighted in my OP, my concern re Hanlon's performance was fairly accurate as IMO he "flogged" that all-important 1st goal. Also agreed re Kamberi's shit performance - a "pain in the erse" and one can indeed understand why Lenny "fell out" with the Swiss striker last season!!! I wonder how Jack Ross will handle him? Try to convince Lenny that Sparky would benefit from a loan deal with Hibs and provide severe competition for Kamberi's position?
I like porteous a lot but I thought he was a bit ropey in places against Celtic.
Ryan Porteous will learn from his mistakes and he'll be a future Hibs captain (barring injuries) if Hibs can hold on to him!! IMO Hanlon has been a great servant to the club since he was a kid but he is too slow and liable to err defensively - been doing it on n off from the beginning of the season!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »