Thread Rating:
Betfred Cup final - Rangers v Celtic
So Rangers will be the latest challengers to try to end Celtic's record cup run of unbeaten cup ties as they attempt to lift the Scottish League Cup for the first time but realising that the only Scottish domestic trophy they have actually won is the Petrofac Cup. Anyway, Lenny has been waiting on quite a few 1st team players who are injured and I reckon most of them will return to play in this cup final with Edouard the most notable addition on Sunday. I think Celtic will win this match more comfortably than many people perceive it but it could be close - depends very much on the Hoops' team that Lenny is able to field and it could be close to his best line up! Also experience of cup final success will be invaluable in this one-off match.
If Celtic play to their best, and the referee doesn't do a 'number' on them I can see them winning comfortably.
0762 likes this post
I think Rangers will be right up for this one, but will that produce headless chickens or a solid performance?? The experience of winning multiple cups in the last few seasons should not be under estimated though, it gives Celtic a huge advantage.
Torrential rain forecast tonight and tomorrow. Could play a factor.
Aye! Stormy today and it could well be down to who is the more durable to cope with these horrible, windy conditions that I have personally endured many times during my playing career and strangely enough scored my best goal ever from 45 yards with the wind on my back and a wet ball that ended up in the postage stamp corner of the opposing goal - an unstoppable shot and unforgettable!
0-0 at half time but rangers have had at least 3 clear cut chances, but Celtic have been fortunate Fraser Forster has been in great form.

Looks to me like the injuries and the conditions aren't helping them much out there and a massive improvement is needed.
FT and 0-1 for Celtic and the Hoops "dig out" a cup final victory with 10 men (Fromping sent off in the second half!) - ignominy for Rangers who could not even score a life line pk v a MOTM goalie named Fraser Forster who played out a phenomenal match that was synonymous with Hibs roly-poly goalie at Hampden a few years ago. Morelos the pk taker and still not scored v Celtic - foiled by Forster!! Lotsa dosh and debt incurred by Rangers and yet nothing of significance won by them - post match quote by Chris Sutton!
I must also say Morelos should be retrospectively banned for a disgraceful rear challenge down Julienne's Achilles tendon - a real shocker that merits scrutiny and a rightful ban for cynically trying to badly injure an opponent!
Forster had an incredible game. Celtic had a complete off day but when they went to 10 men they really dug in and showed a lot of desire, showed how you get it over the line.

Sevco played the better football but their mentality is suspect I think, the penalty being a case in point. When Celtic went down to 10 they had to seize the initiative and they shat it.
Post match quote by Fraser Forster: "We played some terrible footie today" lol! What an understatement!! He should've added "But I played very well today" ha ha ha Laugh The Hoops ultimately showed great resilience and "completed the job" - another cup final victory!!
A real smash and grab by an off form Celtic today!! The only goal was offside, Tavernier should have taken the pen and not let Morelos take it and the often seen 10 men shutting up shop against 11 worked for them. Once Celtic scored a goal against the run of play after Rangers had spurned so many chances, you could feel that would be the dagger to the heart of Rangers and Celtics experience in these situations allowed them to see out the game. Unlucky for Rangers in the end but they are closer to Celtic on the field now than they have been for a long long time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »