Thread Rating:
Hibs v Aberdeen, Sat 7 Dec, KO 3.00pm
So Hibs return to ER Stadium after ignominiously ending their unbeaten run under Jack Ross with a ridiculous concession of a defeat from the "jaws of victory" v an average team, Ross Co - an absolute embarrassment!!! And now they must follow on from that duff result to play the Dons who I must say were "mince" for most of their match tonight v Rangers and yet amazingly fought back from 0-2 to an eventual undeserved 2-2 draw. However, that result will have prob given them a welcome boost and a positive result that, I hate to say it, means we are not gonna win this match and the Hibs historical league "bogey" v AFC will prevail unless Jack Ross accepts that Hibs defence needs to be changed or adapted and we need to "take on" a proper physical battle in the midfield area to give us a chance of winning!! I rate our chances as almost nil v a team that I reckon can be beaten with the proper line up of accountable players and game plan BUT I'M NOT HOLDING MY BREATH IN ANTICIPATION!! I'd love to see Hibs finally end this ridiculous long-term league "bogey" - they couldn't even previously do it at Pittodrie v 10 men and "all over them" with Doidge the chief sinner!!!! They can't even seem to do it v poor AFC teams!!! Thumb down

GGTTH
Darren Magregor finally ready to return from injury and I expect him to replace Hanlon today although I wonder if this match is the right one to wean a player back from injury? Gray is almost ready. So hopefully both will be well prepared before Rangers visit to ER Stadium as we need our strongest available line up to try and win that game.

GGTTH
Massive game for us. Massive.
Mallan and Allan start together in midfeild, dreading this already, Mariciano back in.
3-0 and a clean sheet at last. Get in.
Night and day difference performance wise from midweek , ross got the selection and tactics spot on and Aberdeen got a long deserved doing.
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10453

Hibs "burst a bogey" with a great result today and the best Hibs win over them for over 20 years. Phewwww that Jack Ross brought in Rocky as suggested and he did very well in the 1st half when Paul Hanlon "creaking" again on occasions in defence but Porteous giving him some ample cover. Watch out for Kamberi's goal, the third one - a top class "strike" coming in from the left and beating three Dons' players in the process!! Thumb up Killie beaten today and that makes it a very good day for the "cabbage and ribs" - well done and proved me wrong, "rose to the challenge" and did it!!!

GGTTH
We are a better team with Marciano and Boyle, our counter attacking play is far better under ross.

Scott Allan was imperious, he's just such a talented footballer.
The only problem I have with Scotty Allan is his mental capability to "take on a game" when the "going gets tough" - a real "fighting spirit" that was epitomised by our past great mid player, John McGinn.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »