Thread Rating:
Richard Keogh
Should Derby County have sacked him?. Why did the other two idiots ( for Drink Driving ) not get sacked?. Discuss. My view... all 3 should have been sacked. In any other job/profession, if an employee behaved the way these 3 did, the P45's would have been dished out instantly!
(07-11-2019, 18:54)Northwalesbaggie Wrote: Should Derby County have sacked him?. Why did the other two idiots ( for Drink Driving ) not get sacked?. Discuss. My view... all 3 should have been sacked. In any other job/profession, if an employee behaved the way these 3 did, the P45's would have been dished out instantly!

In most other jobs there would have been no P45s because there is no reason an employer would even know about the incident!! I bet we al work with people that have driving offences and even have been arrested but are still employed.

As to your question, the reason Derby have fired Keogh and not the other two is money. Keogh is out for an extended time due to the injury he picked up in this and will be out of contract then, as club captain and senior player and he has no commercial value he has been fired. There was a story going around he had been asked to take a pay cut while he was injured but he refused. I am sure he will appeal this if he hasn't done so already for unfair dismissal. The other two idiots have both been fined by the club, could still face prosecution and are young enough to still have market value allowing Derby to play them now and sell later!!

Cynical yes, but more likely than any moral reasons!!!!
(08-11-2019, 00:12)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(07-11-2019, 18:54)Northwalesbaggie Wrote: Should Derby County have sacked him?. Why did the other two idiots ( for Drink Driving ) not get sacked?. Discuss. My view... all 3 should have been sacked. In any other job/profession, if an employee behaved the way these 3 did, the P45's would have been dished out instantly!

In most other jobs there would have been no P45s because there is no reason an employer would even know about the incident!!  I bet we al work with people that have driving offences and even have been arrested but are still employed.

As to your question, the reason Derby have fired Keogh and not the other two is money.  Keogh is out for an extended time due to the injury he picked up in this and will be out of contract then, as club captain and senior player and he has no commercial value he has been fired.  There was a story going around he had been asked to take a pay cut while he was injured but he refused.   I am sure he will appeal this if he hasn't done so already for unfair dismissal.  The other two idiots have both been fined by the club, could still face prosecution and are young enough to still have market value allowing Derby to play them now and sell later!!

Unsure, but wasn't Keogh found to be in possession of class A drugs. In this world that's worse then drinking and driving.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
(08-11-2019, 00:20)Blue Baggie Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 00:12)St Charles Owl Wrote:

In most other jobs there would have been no P45s because there is no reason an employer would even know about the incident!!  I bet we al work with people that have driving offences and even have been arrested but are still employed.

As to your question, the reason Derby have fired Keogh and not the other two is money.  Keogh is out for an extended time due to the injury he picked up in this and will be out of contract then, as club captain and senior player and he has no commercial value he has been fired.  There was a story going around he had been asked to take a pay cut while he was injured but he refused.   I am sure he will appeal this if he hasn't done so already for unfair dismissal.  The other two idiots have both been fined by the club, could still face prosecution and are young enough to still have market value allowing Derby to play them now and sell later!!

Unsure, but wasn't Keogh found to be in possession of class A drugs. In this world that's worse then drinking and driving.

Hadn't seen that, thats not good if true!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »