Thread Rating:
The Owls v Swansea City SBC Match Thread
THE MATCH

SATURDAY 9TH NOVEMBER 3PM KICK OFF

[Image: c8f0e1f02feea03b72811b4b50c0f4c0--britis...nesday.jpg] v [Image: 220px-Swansea_City_AFC_logo.svg.png]

[b]LAST MATCH

Well in typical Wednesday fashion, we turned victory into defeat. Overall it wasn't a good game and our performance was below average. It looked like we might snatch the 3 points when sub Murphy headed in from close range after Fletcher hit the bar in the 83rd minute. But it didn't take long for Blackburn to equalize, a looping header beating Westwood whose positioning could be questioned. There winner came in injury time, a deflected shot from the edge of the giving Westwood no chance. We still nearly leveled, Fessi's deflected shot striking the post.

THE MATCH

One of Monks old teams, Swansea visit Hillsborough. The Swans have made a good start to the season and currently stand fourth in the table. Steve Cooper is in charge, he has been involved with youth football before getting the Swans job. They have some good players, Dyer, Routledge and Ayew ones you may have heard of. This is there 2nd season in the Championship following there relegation in 2018 and are one of a number of clubs trying to find a way back into the Premier League this season.

CURRENT FORM

OWLS               -                Angry  Confused  Big Grin  Angry  Big Grin  Confused

SWAN               -                Big Grin  Big Grin  Angry  Confused  Angry  Big Grin

THE BASTARD IN THE BLACK

DAVID WEBB
Paul Hodskinson and Timothy Wood
Fourth Official : Carl Boyeson

THE TEAM

No Lees or Luongo, but Bannan is back. Will Fessi start is the question.

(4231)
Westwood
Palmer Iorfa Borner Fox
Bannan Hutch
Reach Fessi Harris
Fletcher

SCORE & SCORER (HOME TEAM SCORE FIRST)

2-1 Fletcher

ATTENDANCE

BML STANDINGS

Washington 7
Stateside 7
Owlkev 4
Pei 4
Imre 3
Wereham 3
Southey 3
SCO 2

OTHER GAMES OF MILD INTEREST

Barnsley v Stoke city
Birmingham v Fulham
Hull v WBA
Millwall v Charlton
Preston v Huddersfield

HAAAH

THE MUPPETT LEAGUE

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=7264048]

KATE BECKINSALE TRIBUTE PIC

[Image: iypski5vqnrtadp4tw17.jpg]
[Image: Kate1.jpg]
[Image: rs_600x600-170411105514-634-kate-beckins...quality=90]

One for Washington Big Grin

[Image: tenor_(23).gif.3c925357901b17f362d244cf49410d62.gif]

The thread awaits the Meggo of Statesides choice.[/b]
Washington and Imre varadi like this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
3-1Harris
Ddddd
I think we are so desperate for something new upfront. And I don't see fessi as being the answer unless it's selling him in the transfer window for another striker !
I'd give Rhodes and Fletcher the next month to play and build the setup around them both.
This for me would meen dropping reach and bringing in luango with bannan and hutch so the midfield was more workman like ..off course Harris starts whatever happens without him there are no crosses!
Palmer swapped for iorfa and Lee's will also make us more solid with him pushing fox at leftback untill the transfer window.
The fixture list thanks to the international borefest is going to let us play the next 3 games without over exertion so monk now gas a chance to stop swapping and changing and stick with one tactic and team untill December.
1-1 Iorfa

DDADH
2-1 Harris
ADHDH

I would rather see Winnall given a chance instead of Rhodes. Problem with Rhodes is he will take up a lot of the same positions as Fletcher likes and neither of them are particularly good at doing the running around as a No10 to help midfield. For me I would drop reach to the bench to go two up top.
Nice one, Kev.

We really due a win against this lot but after that shocking display of bottling last week I honestly don't know.

1-1 Dave

DHAHH

3 years late but the big man gets a little justice. RIP

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1124]

"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
6-1 Nuhiu

DDDDH
and complicated
1-0 Reach

DDADH
Neighbourhood Neanderthal knuckledragger
3-1. Rhodes

Hhhhh

"God Save the King."
Just thiught that Rhodes didn't get a fair crack with Bullen after having a good pre season and we'll he's still not been used under monk apart from that shite cup game.
Winnall is also worth a shot but monk gas given him a chance and he's not taken it at Hull also I think with winnall there's another side to it all ? It's either his attitude in training obviously Becuase he always gives his all on the pitch ! Or monk has noticed he's got the technical ability of Larry may ? ...again if he scored goals I don't give a effers same as Rhodes !
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »