Thread Rating:
The Owls v Swansea City SBC Match Thread
Ratings
Westwood 3...... poor distribution, basic goalkeeping skills and communication. Made one good save which got him the 3 rating but basically lost us points again for the third or fourth time this season.

Palmer 3.... Can't cross! can't pass! can't defend or attack! Or control the ball and his set pieces were the usual dogshite we have been seeing for the last 3 seasons

Lee's 5..... Steady enough but his distribution is as good as Westwoods and his captaincy is a joke as he can't command the back four let alone the team?

Iorfa 7 .... The only defender who wanted to move forward quickly and he got everywhere in swanseas faces.This is as captain if ever I've seen one!

Fox 6.... defended brilliantly and then (head in effing hands) not confident enough to eff Westwood off and it cost him the Mom in my view as it was poor communication that led to him booting it in his own net! He did make up for it though with a goal which I haven't yet seen as the link cut out.

Bannan 6.... sideways backwards extra with too much off space around him leaving us exposed! But without him we wouldn't have got nothing.

Lee 7....allover the place like iorfa although he did look ring rusty at times and like Bannan is not good enough for a midfield 2 anymore.

Murphy 7.... best game he's had yet he realy rolled his sleaves up and got stuck in today! But he should have scored at least 1 of the 3 chances he had.

Harris 5... worst game yet although he did try he was left exposed by the formation leaving him isolated with too much Todo at times.

Bob 6.... got in swanseas faces and worked hard but missed 2 sitters again.

Fletcher 6.... Same as bob.

Reach 8....mom won us the points back with his Sprint towards goal when fessi slotted home

Fessi 7.... Scored an easy tap in which Fletcher and Bob might have put wide.

Rhodes ..no rating ..he would have scored a hatrick today had he started . But you can see why he didn't the way we play asking strikers to hold the ball up isn't his game and he looks amateur when asked to do this .

Monk 5...half got it right with the team selection by playing 2 upfront.jyst picked the wrong 2 though. He's still learning what we suffers already know it seems ? It's going to take h at least 3 transfer windows to sort this shower of shit out.
Just watched the highlights and from those alone we were unlucky ..if all the chances I saw had gone in we would have won 7-3 , but thats not the Wednesday way, think we were unlucky to only get a point ..and again it feels like a defeat !!!.
We bossed what is supposed to be a team nailed on for top 2 and with better finishing would have walked it (no matter what chances Swansea had) , HOWEVER for once Imre is right Westwood was awful, did the hard things right and got the simple basics VERY wrong.

I still think we will do Ok this season and Monk could well become one of our better managers given time ....January recruitment (and disposal) will be crucial to the rest of this season ... lets just hope we stay around the top 6 till then !!
Washington and Imre varadi like this post
Neighbourhood Neanderthal knuckledragger
I'm always xxxx right xxxx off !
You’re not usually right imre. You’re usually dead wrong.
"God Save the King."
Harsh on Palmer, but we expect that from you these days!!!! Also, Fox didn’t touch the ball for their first goal, Westwood dropped it and then seemed to turn and shout but their player got his foot to it first. I think Fox didn’t go for it because Westwood called it. You are spot on about Bannan, he plays it sideways as much as forward but without him we are dead in midfield. For me Fessi has to start next game, his movement alone causes problems.
Fessi scored and rolled his sleaves up getting stuck in ! But I just don't see him as Fletcher's partner Becuase whatever happens Fletcher plays unless he's injured.
Bristol took all 3 points away at Cardiff something we couldn't do ! And now sit with Forest 3prs above us in 5th position tied.
A gap may form after Wba batter us at the hawthorns ..the gap between the midtable bottlers and the playoff places. One more loss and we will be chasing a lost cause as we know it's hard for us to even dream off winning 2 games on the trot nevermind 3 !

Good news is Wba lose both the central midfielders against us , Livemore and some other bloke who both got carded at Dull yesterday. Bad news is from what I've seen they have done very pacey players on the flank so if Palmer gets picked we will get ripped a new one.
Some drastic changes in tactics are needed for this game or we will be bummed by the half-hour mark. It's got to be flood the midfield and give Fessi a free role and hope he pulls out a screamer from somewhere or 3 as we can't hold on to a lead for shit aswell !

Wba next followed by Birmingham at home in the week then it's Charlton away to end the month . If we can take 5pts from this I will snatch you're hand off now as for me it's going to be a push for us to get 3 points at the moment .
Statesideowl likes this post
I can see us getting 6 or 7 points off those 3 games, but we could end up with 2 as well!!! I would play a 4231 with Forestieri playing behind Fletcher and two wide men in Harris and Reach/Murphy, with Lee and Bannan behind them in the central 2. We have to set ourselves up so that we can get on the end of the headers Fletcher will win, we cannot leave him isolated up front.
What I have noticed about Wba us they can't defend high balls in the box like us ! So Fletcher has to play again no matter what .
BML Update:

Stateside gets a Smartass for the attendance
Southey gets a Smartass for the predictions

BML Updated
Statesideowl likes this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »