Thread Rating:
Bright Blue n White vs the White Shite
Did the tv coverage show Alioski punching Schindler?
Did the tv coverage show Alioski doing a xxxx salute after he scored?
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
(07-12-2019, 19:15)Lord Snooty Wrote: Did the tv coverage show Alioski punching Schindler?
Did the tv coverage show Alioski doing a xxxx salute after he scored?

I didn't see either of those incidents but I was watching your game and the Everton game at the same time so could easily have missed it.
[Image: 0_Sky-Bet-EFL-Championship-Football-Hudd...071219.jpg]
It seems we've still got a bunch of Prima Donna's kicking around the club who, er, either made themselves, or were made, unavailable yesterday. Had a few of them been arsed to do the job they get paid seriously stooopid money for and combined with a bit more clinical finishing, we'd have got something out of yesterday's game.

As pointed out on t'other former BBC forum, Town have in their squad the following players, only two of which were on the grass yesterday.

Kongolo £18m - was probably one of our better players last season, of the times he's played this season his efforts have at best been questionable on more than one occasion. If he's a centre back rather than a fullback, he should have been all over the starting place like a rash that Stanković claimed (and played pretty darned well tbh) yesterday.

Hadergjonaj £4.5m - was pushed out to play on the left rather than right back/right midfield. We know he can't stop crosses but I don't have the problems with this lad that some others seem to have elsewhere. He never looks like he's not trying, I just have to question how he was rated at £4.5m other than the Town PlayStation hero's had their pants pulled down far too often once we got promoted.

Pritchard £11m - I'm guessing injured again from playing too much football too quick after coming back from an injury based on Danny Cowley's comments.

Diakhaby £9.0m - he can blow anyone away for speed, what he does when he gets into the box belongs in the VLP school of football though. Obviously couldn't be arsed when he came on at Brizzle to cover his right back and was hauled off at half-time and became one of the 'unavailables' for this game.

Mbenza £11.0m - clearly hasn't been arsed to put in a performance in training since we handed over the money to get him here permanently in the summer, regardless of who was the head coach/manager. We'd all get a P45 pdq if we put in the lack of effort at work this guy apparently does, but apparently you can't do that to 'professional' footballers who decide they joined the wrong club and can't be arsed to earn the stoopid money that they are getting paid (or did we sign the wrong brother?). It's that long since I've seen him play I can't remember what position he's supposed to play in any more.

Mounié £12.0m - why any striker worth his salt keeps running to the back post hoping a cross will beat two or three other defenders rather than trying to get across the centre backs to the front post for a nod or tap in I'll never know, but this lad does it all the time. That said he won everything in the air in the first half, had a team mate get in his way for a cross to the back post that he might have got on target otherwise. Wouldn't have lost any sleep had someone bought him in the summer, won't lose any of he's not here in February either but he at least puts a reasonable shift in between the boxes, it's just where he goes a wandering to in the oppo's box that pisses me off.
Lord Snooty likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
That's some serious money there. Money we could only dream of not so long ago. And what a bloody waste it's been. Sad

If you were wondering, kids. This is the type of stuff we used to sing in the old Cowshed.

One for the oldies. Can you recall the lyrics to these two Cowshed classics?

There's a tavern in the town
In the town
Where Don Revie is a clown
Is a clown
And there's Billy Bremner
Jackie Charlton too
The biggest set of poofs in football boots
Football boots

Oh we're off to Leeds United where the Leeds fans shovel coal
Where the Leeds fans shove a shovel up another Leeds fan's hole
Call for Don Revie
Don Revie wouldn't come
So he died of constipation
With a shovel up his bum
talkSAFT likes this post
The most depressing thing about that list of players is we were told by Dean Hoyle that you get better value for your money abroad.

I wonder what he thinks now
(09-12-2019, 13:52)WakeyTerrier Wrote: The most depressing thing about that list of players is we were told by Dean Hoyle that you get better value for your money abroad.

I wonder what he thinks now

I'd suggest that the value for money is still abroad, I think, if mbenza or diakhaby had been English you'd have been looking at double the price, I mean shaun Wright Phillips cost 16mil over a decade ago, that probably translates to about 26mil now? Liverpool paid 30mil for Carroll and West ham paid 15, whilst we paid 12 for mounie.

I think the value is out there as we found with the signings of schindler, Lowe and to some extent kache and heff. It's the identifying of said talent that is lacking or maybe not so much the talent as día, mbenza and tk have got ability in there, but identifying the right attitudes of which they are lacking.
Another day, another door, another high, another low
And we’ve just announced Bockhorn,Mbenza and Brown are up for sale in January
Don't know how they can decide to get rid of Jaden Brown already.
Reece Brown
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »