Thread Rating:
Prediction League Results/Tables Week 30

Bit of a chaotic week with the issues some posters had getting on the site, followed by a premature committee decision, a bit of a rant by Derby and a U-turn by the committee to come up with what is hoped to be a fairer end game!!!!

Leading this week is Derby, with 20 points. He was the only one (who posted before the game started) to get the Gamball spot on but he also benefited from a spot on Bonus as well!! Joint second place were Beefy and SCO on 19 points, SCO got a week leading 3 CS but missed on his BB while Beefy scored on 6 games including the BB.

Two points further behind was our league leader Zinman, he actually played his Gamball this week and got it right, a fairly rare occurrence!!! Like the two just above him he scored on a majority of the games but was let down slightly by an incorrect Bonus. BBB comes in 5th on 14 points courtesy of a CR Gamball and spot on BB but those 5 points he has dropped to the two players behind him could tighten the table!! Worldclass finished on 13 points after scoring a PL leading CR on 5 games but wasn’t able to back that up with any CS.

Amelia ended on 10 points, she was given a CR on the Gamball same as the other posters who posted after the game had started and also missed on her BB. In 8th place on 8 points was Matt, scoring on just three games in the end and missing his BB. Sanjay came in 9th on 6 points, scoring 3 CR but no CS as well as missing the BB.

In last place this week is Lord Snooty on 4 points, this was the week that Huddersfield succumbed to dropping back into the Championship and maybe this was the final nail in his personal coffin that will see him predicting one division lower next season!!

Cheers
SCO

Zinman passed the 300 point mark and extended his lead at the top this week to 18 points which equates to a free week really where he could score nothing and it would still take a good week for someone to get anywhere near him, Beefy was right - it's his to lose  Rolleyes Only his 8th Gamball gamble of the season and 6 of them bringing in points. BBB lost the ground on the top but did hold on to 2nd, though 3rd & 4th now have him clearly in their sights.

Beefy is 2 points back in 3rd and seeing as they got identical scores this week SCO remains the same half a dozen points back in 4th as he was last week.

Derby was the chief beneficiary of the access nightmares this week, predicting early and correctly on the all important correct score Gamball which moved him up 2 places into 5th and seemingly away from the perils of the play-off spot with Matt making way and dropping to 6th though only a solitary point further back.

Sanjay remains 7th and will be hoping the points in the bag will stave off Worldclass who has a 22 point deficit to overhaul if he's going to get out of that lottery week when the relegation/promotion play-off battle takes place.

Sadly Amelia and Snooty look like going the same way as their beloved Terriers as they cling on to their Premiership places by the skin of their teeth as the weeks run out and their route to safety looks all but closed.

Bomber

In a week where both the site and scoring committee seemed as reliable and decisive as Parliament, the Championship did rather well with all but one player reaching double figures. For once the gamball didn't make a huge difference to the scores with everyone who played it scoring 4 points, Quantum's avoidance policy costing him this week. The bonus ball did however have a big part to play.

Bomber seems to be making a concerted effort to finally join the promotion hunt and another 20 point week might just start to make our long time leaders look nervously behind them. 7 correct result predictions, one of them his bonus, plus the extra scoreball point takes Bomber to the top of this week's table. 4 points behind are Themaclad and Twerton with 16 points. Themac got only 4 result predictions correct but 2 of them were correct scores including his bonus. Twerton's only correct score also gained him a bonus maximum.

Quantum also had a good prediction week with 6 correct results. Unfortunately he was let down by his balls (or lack of them), failing on his bonus and losing out on Beefy's freebie gamball ponts. Joker had one of his better weeks to sit comfortably in mid table for once, just ahead of BaggieOne and 4eva.

Lonely at the bottom of the table this week is Stairs, the only competitor not to reach double figures despite 4 points from the gamball. Stairs was the only player without a correct score, got the fewest correct results and lost out on his bonus - not a week to remember.

Zin

The top 2 continue their relentless push towards the top flight with both registering good scores to give little hope to the chasing pack that they're about to implode. Themaclad extended his lead by a couple to Quantum in 2nd who also passed the triple hundred in points for the season.

Bomber followed up his personal best of last week with another 20 point week to chip away at the top 2 but only in small doses and will probably have to concentrate on securing the play-off spot as the only route to the Premiership, though that battle isn't won yet as Twerton is only a bakers dozen back in 4th and looking like he'll take the fight for that elusive 3rd spot down to the wire.

4eva lost further ground in that particular battle and now sits 30 points back from any hope of taking his season into an extra week, though he did reclaim 5th from Stairs who suffered the only single figure return of the week.

BaggieOne still gave himself a chance of improving his position by a couple of places before the end of the season to sit 7th this week and 60 odd points above our guaranteed wooden spoonist Joker, who probably has more interesting things to occupy his time, namely becoming a newlywed in the last couple of weeks  Whistle  Whistle .

Bomber
Amelia Chaffinch, Sanjay, St Charles Owl like this post
Well done committe
Got their in the end Thumb up
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
I think I'm going to rant more often, no more the nice old cuddly fluffy Derby who is no good for winning anything.

Thank you committee for interpreting VAR to come up with a solution although I'm not sure what the final solution was?

Smile
I idea what the problem was that caused the down time. Naturally very sorry, but hopefully it has been addressed.

Both Marks and myself are super busy. I am going to programme a software robot to log in every hour whilst my laptop is active and notify me if it can’t log on.

At least during the week that will catch any problems and at weekends I am more likely to be logged on personally to chat and look for comments and match updates.
Well done everyone, I wouldn't have minded if the Prediction League had been cancelled altogether this week judging by my scores!
(31-03-2019, 19:05)Stairs Wrote: I idea what the problem was that caused the down time. Naturally very sorry, but hopefully it has been addressed.

Both Marks and myself are super busy. I am going to programme a software robot to log in every hour whilst my laptop is active and notify me if it can’t log on.

At least during the week that will catch any problems and at weekends I am more likely to be logged on personally to chat and look for comments and match updates.

If you had subscribed to the system errors thread, you would have known there were problems before the two instances when it totally went down.
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
(31-03-2019, 18:22)derbybaggie Wrote: I think I'm going to rant more often, no more the nice old cuddly fluffy Derby who is no good for winning anything.

Thank you committee for interpreting VAR to come up with a solution although I'm not sure what the final solution was?

Smile

Being cheeky just got you docked 10 points next week Mr Derby,
No more Mr Nice guy comittee members Whistle
derbybaggie likes this post
(31-03-2019, 18:22)derbybaggie Wrote: I think I'm going to rant more often, no more the nice old cuddly fluffy Derby who is no good for winning anything.

Smile

Derby, you were lucky that you were in the PL and that VAR was available!!!!! Thee final solution was that we essentially made it up as we went along and in the end we gave almost everyone the points!!!!
derbybaggie likes this post
Which rule can we make up next week?
They say that ignorance is bliss - no wonder so many people are happy.
Give the third placed players a extra 20 points to make it slightly more interesting at the top of the divisions eh Bomber Wink Wink
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »