Thread Rating:
WBA vs Blues - Match Thread
Woo-hoo. 3-2
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Just the six minutes of injury time
Manager of the month?
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Brilliant in the end.
It's an interesting one with Shan, 3 wins from 3, but the team selections and performances are dreadful...

One thing he's got in abundance so far is blind luck, I just hope that continues.
First half poor, second very good - we seemed so much quicker in both thought and movement. We looked much better with HRK on for an invisible Morrison - it looked like a managerial master stroke until Shan said that Morrison was injured. Blues were probably the most cynical side I've seen all season.
They say that ignorance is bliss - no wonder so many people are happy.
(30-03-2019, 00:22)Slick_Footwork Wrote: It's an interesting one with Shan, 3 wins from 3, but the team selections and performances are dreadful...

One thing he's got in abundance so far is blind luck, I just hope that continues.

Yeah, nail on the head for me. It's Big Dave selections, tactics and performances, but with the extra stroke of good fortune that eluded Darren towards the end.

But a great derby game in spite of a dire first-half showing from Albion.
(28-03-2019, 19:23)Onetruebaggie Wrote: Is it me or did they all look like hairy overweight gorillas, back in the day, with mutton chops!!! I know it was a bygone era but damn they looked rough!!

COYB

Bob Latchford was a bit of a beast but never dirty, a decent guy, and he was a useful player. All as I recall, anyway. Three brothers playing top level football; you don’t see that very often.
(30-03-2019, 02:52)Ska\dForLife-WBA Wrote:
(30-03-2019, 00:22)Slick_Footwork Wrote: It's an interesting one with Shan, 3 wins from 3, but the team selections and performances are dreadful...

Yeah, nail on the head for me.  It's Big Dave selections, tactics and performances, but with the extra stroke of good fortune that eluded Darren towards the end.

But a great derby game in spite of a dire first-half showing from Albion.

That does not sound like you ska'd, Big Dave's selections? Mozza and Brunt restored to the starting eleven, Edwards and Townsend starting (granted I doubt Townsend would start if Gibbs was fit) and the substitution of Mozza for HRK at halftime was inspired. On tactics, I did not see us trying to play out from the back on every occasion or 1 foot forward 2 feet back balls. I also think it a touch harsh to suggest that the 3 wins are down to luck, there is always the need for a touch of luck in a game and yes the penalty decision may not been given on a different day, but even on playback the decision was probably correct.
….didn't watch any of it - perversely, inspired by the anniversary of the real amazing event I actually watched The Great Escape!! Big Grin Big Grin (Real hammy film, looking back, full of absolute stereotypes [but weren't all films like that in the day?]).

The game itself sounds like "same old, same old" with us under performing and riding our luck at times??
Please tell me I'm wrong and we were inspired by our new man's tactical brilliance and motivational skills... Blush
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »