Thread Rating:
Prediction League Results/Tables Week 29

A decent scoring week in the PL with over 100 points amassed between the predictors including 43 correct result predictions. Leading the way this week, and putting himself firmly back in the race for the title is BBB with 20 points. He scored points on 7 games including a correct result Gamball and BB along with the Scoreball. Behind him in 2nd place is Amelia with 15 points, who along with BBB were the only ones to score on the Gamball. Her score could have been so much better if she had converted a couple of her 7 correct results into correct scores!!! Still, she is scrapping like a true Terrier to desperately avoid the drop!!

In joint third place are our league leader Zinman and SCO on 12 points each. More consistency from Zinman, not top but not likely to see much damage done to his lead either. Of course his tactic of not playing the Gamball saved him 3 points as he got it wrong as per usual but he picked up points on the Bonus and Scoreball. SCO scored a weeks high 2 correct scores but again missed on the Gamball pretty much negating one of those CS. Joint 5th place goes to Sanjay and Snooty with 10 points. Both missed the Gamball but while Sanjay picked up points on one less game he did get a correct result on the Bonus, whereas Snooty missed both of the big balls but did pick up points on 6 games.

Derby comes in 7th on 9 points after scoring on half the games but missing all of his balls to curtail his score!! Two points further back in 8th comes Beefy with 7 points. A relatively poor week for him after his post-Xmas run may cost him a place or two possibly in the table but not a lot of damage will be done. Like all of the bottom 3 he failed to get any correct scores and missed the Gamball. Worldclass, with 6 points, and Matt with 4 points bring up the rear the week. Like Beefy they got no correct scores between them and missed on both the Gamball and Bonus balls, but at least this week there was no one in negative numbers in the PL!!

Cheers
SCO

Zinman maintained his push for the title with another consistent week which saw just a couple of points clipped off his lead. which stands at 15 points back to BBB in 2nd who reclaimed that position after a week out of the top 2.

Beefy was the one to make way as he slipped back into 3rd a further 7 points away, while St Charles closed up in 4th to sit half a dozen points behind our top 3. Only 28 points cover the top 4 as we head into the international break.

Matt lost some valuable ground in 5th after a poor week that also saw Sanjay move to within 5 points of him in 6th and both appear to be too far back to challenge for the top but also with a comfortable gap clear of any relegation threat - so get those flip-flops at the ready you 2.

Derby in 7th is another who could maybe start thinking about some faraway sandy beach, though the 23 point gap down to Worldclass in 8th still needs to be protected, to avoid any involvement in the dreaded end of season play-off which will decide which division 8th place will kick off next season in.

Amelia, 9th and Snooty 10th both came in with decent weeks but will need a few more of those in a row as they are 60 and 80 odd points from safety as the weeks run out.

Bomber

A high scoring week in the Championship despite nobody scoring on the gamball. For once, bonuses and scoreballs were well played with only 1 player missing out on each of them. So it was a week when the "pussies" amongst us were rewarded. Nobody predicted Sheff Utd to beat Leeds so our leaders were those who chose to chicken out of playing the gamball.

Top of the table this week is Bomber, reigniting his fading promotion charge with an impressive 8 correct predictions producing what I believe is a season's best 22 points. Quantum also achieved the elusive 20 point week thanks to 7 correct predictions and, as usual, avoiding a loss on the gamball - will Themaclad be sweating on his league leadership?

Reasonable weeks for Twerton and Stairs, both coming in with 15 points and 4eva also reached double figures though he was the only player to miss out on the scoreball due to his lack of faith in Albion's defence. Themaclad's wobbles continue, though his 9 points would have been enough to secure second place in either of the last 2 weeks.

Sadly Joker failed to submit his predictions, but at least this saved him from a negative week!

Zin

Themaclad topped the 300 point mark for the season to sit at the top of the Championship though his lead has been cut considerably and it's now only 10 back to Quantum in 2nd, as these 2 have their very own battle for the title, giving little hope to the rest that an automatic place is still up for grabs.

Bomber fills the 3rd place berth and thanks to a seasons best week extends his lead back to Twerton, another to have a good week, in 4th to 9 points, as another mini battle to grab that play-off spot continues into the home straight.

It's 12 points then to Stairs in 5th as he moves up a place at the expense of 4eva dropping to 6th, though both are still in with a shot at 3rd if they can pick up 2 or 3 decent scores in the closing weeks.

BaggieOne is probably too far back now after a poor week and possibly looks set for a 7th place finish with fading hopes of climbing but safe from the bottom spot as Joker's no show left him over 50 points adrift at the bottom.

Bomber
St Charles Owl, Baggiebob(BBB), Sanjay And 1 others like this post
Thanks guys, another good weeks work from you all, good write ups, shame the same could not be said of my predictions, double figures but fifth spot, losing ten points on bomber this week ...... My promotion hopes are fading fast ..... twenty-two points off of the playoffs. Another season in the championship ...... hopefully not like the Albion.
great write up as usual
and yes i do actually look at the table that are posted

great work as per usual guys
@Kristien 1965
Scrapping like a true terrier. I like it.
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
This ain't over yet! Rolleyes
bomberbrown1968 and Amelia Chaffinch like this post
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
I think those who play the " pusi ball" more than 3 times on the trot should be deducted 20 points.
Then another three 30 points and so on....
Don't you think guys Whistle
On a serious note not sure what's happened to Joker he Pm'd me Wednesday to tell me he was away after these set of fixtures so I forwarded him the fixtures after the internaptional break Huh
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Talking of Joker, its funny that he has the highest individual week score in the Championship!!! Proves he either can do it or that everyone gets lucky at least once in a season!! Whistle
(18-03-2019, 03:15)St Charles Owl Wrote: Talking of Joker, its funny that he has the highest individual week score in the Championship!!!  Proves he either can do it or that everyone gets lucky at least once in a season!! Whistle

No hit those heights then yet mate Huh Laugh
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(17-03-2019, 23:36)Lord Snooty Wrote: This ain't over yet! Rolleyes

They think it's all over ....... IT IS VERY SOON.
Bottom score last week to top this week, the tortoise is still ambling along.
At least I'm top of all predictors on the CTR - ain't that worth 20 xtra points at the end of the season.

Also among the worst on predicting GB and SB

Another excellent write-up by the team.
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »