Thread Rating:
Brentford vs WBA - Match Thread
[Image: WBABrentford.png]

Minus a manager, we travel down to London on Saturday for the last match before the international break, buoyed by a thumping win against Swansea - even though the performance didn't particularly merit the scoreline - and hoping that we can replicate it to give ourselves some renewed hope in time for the season's final stretch. Brentford have shown again and again that they're a handy side on home soil, and we can't really rely on them showing us any dodgy defending or comedy penalties for a helping hand.

At last Sam Johnstone has shown us exactly why Villa fans rated him so highly; however, elsewhere on the pitch the same problems persist, and we can't afford to keep getting overrun in midfield. To be honest, anything from this would be welcome. It's imperative a new boss comes in ASAP, and then hopefully we can tackle the remainder of the season with a purpose.
Never any doubt about Johnstones ability. Any MU goalkeeper is always top draw.. We need a big improvement to get anything from this game. We we're awful again last night, but it was one of those nights - God decided we were going to win - so be it Amen.
Will we have a run of wins, as last year, and get promoted? Huh
Should we sack our managers with 10 matches to go each year? Huh Huh

Either of the above suites me - though I prefer the Championship, its more open and competitive. Huh Huh Huh
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
(16-03-2019, 12:29)Baggiebob(BBB) Wrote: Will we have a run of wins, as last year, and get promoted? Huh

Either of the above suites me - though I prefer the Championship, its more open and competitive. Huh Huh Huh

Agree about the championship but the greed league is where the money is, if we want to win silverware we need the cash to get the players to be competitive ..... evil truth
(16-03-2019, 12:59)4evaabaggie Wrote:
(16-03-2019, 12:29)Baggiebob(BBB) Wrote: Will we have a run of wins, as last year, and get promoted? Huh

Agree about the championship but the greed league is where the money is, if we want to win silverware we need the cash to get the players to be competitive ..... evil truth

.... no sh#t, 4eva?? Confused Big Grin Big Grin
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1yOkSLXcAA108q.jpg:large

Very excited to see what Edwards can do
Team selection looks largely baffling.

Players who didn't even make the bench in the week suddenly start. Players who started in the week not even on the bench.

What happened to continuity?

All these changes, yet the shocking Townsend retains his spot. Surely Brunt should play left back and Barry or Livermore in the middle.

Hopefully James Shan is a mastermind, but not holding my breath.
Midweek performance was awful luckily we got a great result ..... so maybe changing personnel not so baffling ..... Leeds losing so a win closes the gap to second to seven points, better than nine, automatic could still be an outside chance .......

Finished 1 - 0, Leeds massively outplayed the blades 70% possession, more shots etc but lost ...... maybe there is hope.
There is always hope but what frustrates me is we sacked Moore saying we’d have someone in place for the Swansea game - what was that all about!

Fair enough we won without DM and it seems we are better off at least manager less than with his tactics that confuses the players!

If we win today then no harm done and the new manager hopefully can get a positive buzz going and win at least 6 of the remaining 8.

A new manager, playing good football and able to motivate a squad (young or old) will be a huge boost. If we have that then Championship or Greed League does not concern me too much
drewks likes this post
Anyone got a stream?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »