Thread Rating:
Prediction League Results/Tables Week 28

Well a low scoring week Indeed not helped by a majority of bonus balls going to waste on Darren Moore's West Brom, or not now as the case maybe   Rolleyes

A name appears at the top that has not been there very often and that's Sanjay, not the best predictions of the week but as in a low scoring week the Gamball would always prove pivotal and he was the only one to nail the maximum from it he finishes top this week with 11 Points.

In second and making the top of the table look more interesting by the week was yes you guessed it Beefy. With ten points this week I assume the gap at the top has closed even more ? well you were all warned  Whistle  Beefy was the only other one in double figures for the week and scores 10 points.
In 3rd place this week was Matt who seems to be hitting his early season form again recently, Matt scored 9 points.

4th place is a stuttering St Charles Owl who up until recently was challenging for the top two positions, Sounds like Big Dave to me, has the pressure got to Charlie Owl ? will he get the sack as well ................. St Charles scores 6 points

In 5th place was Derby with 4 points the same score as World class in 6th, World Class being saved by the use of his bonus ball probably the only one who succeeded with the bonus this week, Amelia after her week off scored just two points as relegation looms and finishes 7th, and is the pressure starting to get to our leader Zinman ? Has he got nervous by the late surge from you know who ? Zinman also scored just 2 Points  and finished a lowly 8th,

Talking of relegation Snoots still looks doomed and scored just a single point down in 9th, believe it or not Snoots was the only one to get the Wolves V Chelsea game correct, so the last game saves him from being bottom .....

That privilege goes to BBB who had a complete mare with just one correct result and all his balls wrong a score of -2 in last place, This could prove terminal in the race for the title, but there are still plenty of points to play for   Thumb up

Cheers Beefy

Zinman's lead at the top was cut, after a poor week, from 19 to 17 points as a familiar face (albeit a funny looking one  Tongue ) moved up a place to be his nearest challenger in the form of Beefy who now only has one more obstacle to overcome to carry out his threat to win the title having scored just under 100 points in the last 8 weeks  Thumb up .

BBB, after his minus week courteously moved aside and dropped into 3rd place, though only a half dozen points away, but also looking over his shoulder back to the tie for 4th just 5 points adrift. St Charles maintained his top 4 place but was forced to share with Matt who moved up a place and both are still plenty close enough to have a big say in the title race as we're now into the last quarter of the season as well as facing each other in the cup semi finals

Sanjay up a place to 6th, courtesy of the week changing 8 point Gamball took Derby's position from last week who dropped back to 7th though is comfortably clear of the relegation play-off place for now.

Worldclass sits there in isolation 20 points from safety but well clear of the automatic relegation spots filled by Amelia and Snooty who look nailed on to be predicting from the Championship next season.

Bomber

Is complacency setting in with the Championship's long time leaders? More weeks like this could lead to an interesting end to the season (though that would also need the rest of the league to do better than this week). Another low scoring week with correct predictions at a premium and positive balls rarer than a Jake Livermore positive contribution. In such a week it's not surprising that the leaders owe much to the gamball - only 2 players predicted a Villa win and as a result they head the table.

Stairs is this week's leader on the back of 4 correct predictions and the aforementioned gamball, giving him 12 points and the only player in double figures. Twerton is 5 points behind in second place - only 2 correct result predictions but helped by his gamball and scoreball. It's nosebleed territory for Joker who claims 3rd place with a massive 6 points - if he'd managed this form earlier in the season he could well have been....er, stuck at the bottom like normal.

4eva has the distinction of being the only player to get the bonus ball correct - I'm sure this ball has caused far more problems than any other season? (that'll keep Statto - aka Bomber - busy for a few hours). Bomber's stuttering run for promotion continues with just 2 points - it could have been much worse for him, his one correct prediction happened to be a correct score and he would have lost points on the gamball had he been brave enough to play it.

And then come the leaders. At least Quantum managed a positive score even though he only got one correct prediction - a mighty single point thanks to the scoreball and once again avoiding the gamball. Themaclad is clearly planning his promotion celebrations having suffered from his second worse score of the season so far thanks to no correct scores and a blank set of balls. But even a score of minus 1 wasn't bad enough to keep Themac off the bottom. That honour (?) this week goes to Baggieone with just one correct result prediction and failures on all his balls resulting in what I suspect is his worst week of the season, minus 3, - no doubt Bomber will correct me if I'm wrong.

Zin

Despite awful weeks for our top 2, nobody was close enough or scored heavily enough to take advantage as themaclad top and Quantum 2nd look nailed on for the automatic promotion places sitting 21 and 43 points, respectively, clear of their nearest pursuers.

Bomber clings on to the much coveted 3rd place with the reward of a "last chance saloon" bid for promotion, though his advantage has been whittled down to just a couple of points as Twerton made the most of the Gamball gamble to close up in 4th.

4eva didn't score heavily enough to improve his challenge to the top 4 and sits 10 points away back in 5th, though could soon be coming under fire from Stairs who moved up a place into 6th sitting just a couple of points back and only 14 from 3rd.

BaggieOne was the one to make way as Zinman quite rightly pointed out, suffering a season low for the week, though it is still nearly 60 points back to Joker, who at least has restored a little pride back into his season with a run of better, if not spectacular scores.

Bomber
Lord Snooty, Beefy 1965, St Charles Owl And 2 others like this post
I'm gonna keep this pressure on, I'm gonna keep the pressure on, I'm gonna keep the pressure oooonnnn... Smile Smile
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Beefy, to catch me you may need to grow a pair and start playing the gamball.
They say that ignorance is bliss - no wonder so many people are happy.
Like you always do
Once in a blue moon maybe Rolleyes
Bet iv used it more than you have this season Whistle

But you know what everytime I don't play it I get the bleeding score correct Doh

Anyway I know what you trying to do and it won't work Whistle
Beefy, don’t worry, I’m not playing mind games with you ........ it wouldn’t be fair.
Correct
I'm far to clever Wink
I think you’ll find it’s “too”. I rest my case.
You fell for that didn't you I went fishing and caught ya!! Rolleyes
Sorry you Whistle
I rest mine Tongue
Does anyone actually check on these tables?
It would be great for a comment now and again from people. Myself, St Charles, Zinman and more than anybody Bomber who puts together many tables etc.. spend a hour Saturday's and Sundays putting the results, scores, comments, tables etc etc all I'm asking for is a bit if banter maybe ? it feels all the work me and the guys put in is a bit wasted to be honest....
Is there a fishing emoji ? Anyone?
I read them.
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »