Thread Rating:
WBA vs Ipswich & Swansea
Didn’t watch or listen to the game but happy to see the result and happy for James Shan in his first match at this level.

Need the new man in at the beginning of next week so they have plenty of time with the players during the break.
Give Shan the job he's got a 100% record ..... Whistle Whistle Whistle

BD did great in his six games as caretaker

Nightmare on the horizon ...... can see it now .... the vile sneak into the play offs and beat us at Wembley, massively worse than losing out to Pulisball. Would have to hide all summer.
Lady luck in.abundance a few instant reaction saves from Johnstone, a penalty that went backwards. A cross from Brunt that everybody missed and snuck in Holgate pops up.with a goal (1st for 4 years)! Nice calm goal from Jrod who was 2 yards offside. One of those nights Swansea was never going to score. Great 3 - 0 win
Om we March 3 points in the bank. Boro lost - good night all round COYB
(14-03-2019, 01:06)4evaabaggie Wrote: Give Shan the job he's got a 100% record .....  Whistle  Whistle  Whistle

BD did great in his six games as caretaker

Nightmare on the horizon ...... can see it now .... the vile sneak into the play offs and beat us at Wembley, massively worse than losing out to Pulisball. Would have to hide all summer.

I was thinking the very same thing 4EB anything but that outcome
Have a word for us BV Big Grin
I really don’t like Sam Johnstone but is it just a coincidence he looked a lot calmer and no silly distributions 1st gamyafter DMs departure.

Made some outstanding saves. Welcome at last to WBA

Hegazi was immense. Lady Luck more than smiled on us. Potter has them playing some lovely football. Just imagine what he could do with our squad.
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
(14-03-2019, 12:31)Worldclassalbion Wrote: I really don’t like Sam Johnstone but is it just a coincidence he looked a lot calmer and no silly distributions 1st gamyafter DMs departure.

Made some outstanding saves. Welcome at last to WBA

Hegazi was immense. Lady Luck more than smiled on us. Potter has them playing some lovely football. Just imagine what he could do with our squad.

.... well there's a thought! Swansea sinking, almost as bad as us at sackings, old boy quite fancied last time round.....
Lessons to be learn't - don't be worried about getting rid of any players - it's an.opportunity to make a new team. Just need a good manager and Potter has done a fantastic job at Swansea. Tbh they could have beaten us 5 - 0 last night. Only the post - Johnstone and a backwards penalty saved us.
I agree with much of the above. Sadly the atmosphere in the ground last night was non-existent! Swansea played superb football and 3 - 0 flattered us. Johnstone was outstanding with a series of reflex saves, Hegazi was immense at the back. Brunt was in his ideal position where he could spray passes around without having to run too much. The weak link in my opinion was Murphy - he didn't look interested at times, he often did the hard part then ruined his work with a shocking final ball. Didn't think the penalty was a penalty, but the resulting spot kick - Ha ha ha ha ha! We rode our luck and got a very needed win at home and three points. Off to Brentford we go.
Blue Baggie likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »