Thread Rating:
WBA vs Middlesbrough - Match Thread
[Image: West-Bromwich-Albion-v-Middlesbrough-znziglf-Ut-Sjl.jpg]

Having got the better of Albion on Teesside in the autumn, this Saturday sees Tony Pulis making his first return to the Hawthorns with Middlesbrough, in the first of a series of real crunch matches for the Baggies.

If automatic promotion is still our objective, then it goes without saying that this month is make-or-break time. Every win will be precious, and every defeat costly; but with the standard Pulis curse on Albion, a draw would by no means be the end of the world this week.
Got 0-1 to Pulis written all over this game .. . Confused
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
A very tight game, my heart and head say to 2-1, my gut says 1-1...Not having it!!
3-1 Gayle, Rod and Dawson, gotta feeling!!

COYB
I'm going for a 2 - 0 win
A few players with points to prove against TP
Dawson will be sure to want a goal?
I want to see Johansen on running at them and show us what he can do, no defender will be bossing him that's for sure.
COYB
Before yesterday I'd have been expecting the obvious 0-1 Pulisification, but now I think that, even if we don't have any of the new players starting, there will be a freshness and energy about the team.
So I'm saying a win for us by a 2 goal margin
Blue Baggie likes this post
I can't call myself a fully blown WBA supporter, more of an armchair fan. Although I follow Sheff Wed as well. It must be a blue and white stripe thing? The window was another mad rush and you secured Johansen and Murphy and Holgate a few weeks ago, I'm not so sure about Montero, injury prone my mates tell me. WBA did better then SW, Bruce managed a Dingle reserve (Lorfa) and 2 Newcastle reserves (Aarons & Lazaar). Bruce has to just build us a new team to challenge for a play off position. So 3 free loans are fine for SW at the moment. Although next year would be a more sensible target of a play off place.
2 - 0 wins for us both today. I will pop on to read your posts on occasions.
Johnstone; Holgate, Dawson, Hegazi, Gibbs; Harper, Barry, Field; Robson-Kanu, Rodriguez, Gayle

Bond, Bartley, Tosin, Brunt, Livermore, Murphy, Montero

Boro are playing with 5 defenders, 4 of which are centre backs.
HRK!!! Ffs, nooooooo.
HRK ? I thought he would never be seen again?

Glad to see he has kept faith with Harper and Field though.
I would have certainly put Johansen straight in - he's not even made the bench ?

My pick would be :- 4-4-2 against Boro
Johnstone; Holgate, Dawson, Hegazi, Gibbs;
Harper, Barry, Livermore, Johansen;
Rodriguez, Gayle

Bond, Bartley, Tosin, Field, Brunt, Murphy, Edwards
A big game like this and we start with 10 men!! Unbelievable team selection.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »