Thread Rating:
2019 Men's World Championships
As expected England demolished Brazil 12-2 in a one-sided contest that exploded into life after a quiet start. Also as expected Korea and New Zealand had comfortable wins today, but one of the dangers to England, Netherlands, suffered an extra end loss against Poland. I've found a photo on the WCF website featuring play from the England v Brazil game.
[Image: 9vdsup.jpg]

England skip Andrew Reed said: “Considering we went to the Europeans in Estonia with a mindset not to be relegated to the C-Division, this is all a bit surreal. I’m not going to lie, we’re not beautiful, we’re not great, so we’re just sticking in there and doing our best, and here we are at 5-0. This is near enough a fairy-tale, a dream coming true and we’ve still got a lot to play for.”

In tomorrow morning's (NZ time) game which finished a few minutes ago tonight (UK time), England's powers of resistance finally failed after losing the last 3 ends to fall 5-7 to New Zealand.

The loss means that Korea have definitely qualified even though they were beaten by Netherlands, but cannot finish worse than 3rd. The best scenario for England is for them to beat Korea later to qualify on 6 wins. Next best is for New Zealand to beat Netherlands, which would mean that England would still qualify on 5 wins in 3rd place. If Netherlands win against New Zealand and England lose to Korea, then England, New Zealand and Netherlands would all have 5 wins and also have 1 win and 1 loss against the other two. No doubt there will be a magical formula to sort it all out, but I'm not party to such secret information, so we'll have to wait and see.

Come on, England. Take the matter into your own hands.
Cabbage is still good for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
2019 Men's World Championships - by ritchiebaby - 15-01-2019, 16:25
RE: 2019 Men's World Championships - by ritchiebaby - 19-01-2019, 15:40
RE: 2019 Men's World Championships - by ritchiebaby - 20-01-2019, 22:39
RE: 2019 Men's World Championships - by ritchiebaby - 22-01-2019, 00:39
RE: 2019 Men's World Championships - by ritchiebaby - 22-01-2019, 22:24
RE: 2019 Men's World Championships - by ritchiebaby - 23-01-2019, 00:55
RE: 2019 Men's World Championships - by ritchiebaby - 23-01-2019, 14:24