Stokes hobbling as well
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

England 321-8 Day 1 Foakes 87 not out bailed out by middle order and tail

Who the foak's Foakes?
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
He should probably keep his place, but how do you get bairstow back into the side
The entire problem is that we have a Test side full of talented wicketkeepers, all-rounders and middle-order sloggers. It's like the England football team in the days of trying to cram Lampard and Gerrard together in midfield. Not a lot can be done about the top order while we wait for a new Cook, Strauss, Vaughan or Tres to emerge, but at the very least, whatever personal bugbear is keeping Root from number three needs to get kicked out the window, because as things stand, he's already coming in to face the new ball with two wickets down after six overs every single match.
Century for Foakesy: the second for an English WK on debut after Prior, fifth for a WK on debut worldwide in Test history. Well played, lad.
Lord Snooty likes this post
Good position at the close Bairstow's football injury will probably mean he won't wicket keep again be fun if Pope played would have four wicket keepers in the side

could bairstow be converted into a test match opening batter? have an aggressive player with the more reserved burns, much like the strauss and cook partnership.

i prefer root at number 4. I think he gets a little hamstrung when he goes 3. Its less of a case of getting root to bat 3 and more a case of a county player standing up and making a claim for that and taking it when given the chance. Vince made a claim but he never really performed to keep it, could Buttler do it, based on his recent test performances, I'd suggest he could. Could Bairstow, again yes I do, but is there a young lad coming through that could do it for 10+ years. the hopes were on Hameed but something has gone wrong there, ever since he tried to adapt his game for white ball cricket, he'd be better suited focusing solely on red ball cricket, he'll never get into the white ball side. Other options, Jason Roy, although he'd be an opener which keeps the number 3 slot vacated, so doesnt help, unless it means Bairstow can go there. A possible unpopular move would be to put Jennings at 3 with Burns and Bairstow up top. Would sort of reflect the top order of yester year when we got to number 1 in the world
Hameed IMV has been hampered by playing for England think they have tried to change his style like they did with Anderson. A season in Div 2 may help next season

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »