Thread Rating:
Prediction League Results/Tables Week 7

Not a great week overall with very few correct predictions sees a 16 point gap between the top and bottom scorers, which should see movement for some in the overall table!!! There were only 7 correct score predictions across 100 predictions in total and the various balls definitely made the difference between a decent score and a bit of ‘mare.

Leading this week with 16 points is SCO!! My superstition of only predicting 2-1 wins for SWFC is paying off nicely this season, I think thats our 4th 2-1 win!!! I was also the only one to predict a Vale win on the Gamball, so picked up points their as well. Zinman came in 2nd with 12 points, picking up points on his Bonus and one of the rare correct scores.

Matt and Worldclass both came in with 10 points, Matt continued his league leading consistent start with 2 correct scores and 3 correct results but was let down by getting both his BB and Gamball incorrect. Worldclass only picked up points on 3 games but got a spot on Bonus and chose not to play the Gamball, which saved him the loss of 3 points!!

Everyone else was in single figures, led by Beefy on 9 points, who managed 5 correct results including the BB but none were spot on, plus he like all the rest bar SCO who played the Gamball lost points on that game. BBB came in with 6 points thanks to full points on his BB but not much else and Amelia ended on 5 points with a correct score BB. Derby ended on 3 points and Sanjay had 2, but despite getting decent correct results the loss on the BB and Gamball for both killed their scores. Finally we have Lord Snooty who had a bit of a ‘mare this week, no correct scores, only 2 correct results and a loss of all his points gained on incorrect BB and Gamball. DD for the 3rd week did not predict, get in touch mate and tell us you are ok!!!!

Cheers
SCO

While the top 2 and bottom positions stayed the same the mid table had their own little game of musical chairs as 3rd down to 9th all changed from last week.

Matt continued with his consistent scoring to increase his advantage at the top, but only by a solitary point, to Beefy in 2nd.
Zinman in 3rd and SCO in 4th were the top two scorers this week and as a result moved up two and four places in the league respectively and are only a handful of points back from another move upwards.

BBB down two in 5th lost not only his position but also some costly points on those around him, as Worldclass climbed three into 6th to sit just behind.

Snooty suffered a slide of three into a share of 7th with Sanjay also dropping a couple from last week.

Derby, now the not so proud owner of a relegation place, made up the quartet of sliders in the league to sit in 9th, while Amelia couldn’t make it three decent weeks in a row and lost vital points on those above to remain at the bottom of the table.

Bomber.

The wheels appear to have fallen off the Championship wagon. Last week was the lowest scoring week of the season....but this week managed to make it look good. Nobody in double figures, no successful gamballs and our first negative score - at least everyone suffered so there shouldn't be any major changes in the league table. Wins for the mighty Albion and Leicester produced most points with the West Ham/Chelsea game proving the most costly (after the gamball of course). Stairs, BaggieOne and 4eva would have gained even more pleasure than the rest of us (apart from SCO, obviously) from that massive club from Witton's latest shambles, all of them getting that score spot on.

It may have been a bad week but the table for this round has a familiar look to it. The top 2 places are taken by the early season pace setters, Themaclad and Turkeydinner, with Themac taking top place by virtue of his 2 correct scores and helped by the week's only bonus maximum. In a difficult week, Turkeyd got an impressive 5 correct results, including his bonus, but the lack of correct scores cost him top spot. Stairs crept into 3rd place, another player with 5 correct predictions but lost out on both the gamball and his bonus.

Only 2 points separate the next 4 and Quantum at least avoided a zero points week by not playing the gamball - how wise.

Which brings me to the first negative score of the season - well played Joker! Just 2 correct results and a clean sweep of wasted balls gave him minus 1 for the week - oddly though he doesn't take last place due to Spireitematt's 2nd no-show.

Zin.

Not a lot to say after a less than spectacular week in the championship as it ended virtually “as you were” last week.

The small advantage in points did allow our front two Themaclad & Turkeydinner to consolidate their positions of 1st and 2nd in the league, with the former becoming the first predictor across the two leagues to pass the century mark.

Identical tallies for 4eva and Bomber as they remain locked in a share of 3rd for the third week running.

Quantum in 5th lost ground both on those above him and those below him as BaggieOne and Stairs, who kept up his 100% incorrect Gamball record, shared 6th spot.

Spireitematt kept hold of 7th despite his no show, while Twerton did put himself within touching distance in 8th and eased further away from our wooden spoonist Joker who actually managed to score less points than he did when he missed two weeks predicting earlier in the season.

Bomber.
MattWBA, Amelia Chaffinch, Beefy 1965 And 3 others like this post
Nice and tight these tables, new scoring system seems to be working ok,
Last two weeks low scores seems to be about picking awkward Gamball and more difficult fixtures,
Nice to see Joker back on form Laugh
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(23-09-2018, 19:51)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Nice and tight these tables, new scoring system seems to be working ok,
Last two weeks low scores seems to be about picking awkward Gamball and more difficult fixtures,
Nice to see Joker back on form  Laugh

You're only JUST closer to the top than a relegation spot Beef, but the new scoring is spot on, just look at Stairs for a true reflection -21 on the Gamball yet still only 12 points off a play off spot.

Can I just ask as well that if anyone changes anything on their original predictions that they put a new reply saying they've done it, I'd got all of yesterdays scores totted up with just todays game to go which didn't make a jot of difference - yes I know you got the result right Beefy Whistle . Tables were as good as done with a write up then realised when SCO sent the scores over that a Bonus Ball had been swapped over, with a footnote at the bottom of the original predictions, no problem with the change but once I've noted down the scores I don't look at the original again, just the new posts Thumb up
(23-09-2018, 19:51)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Nice and tight these tables, new scoring system seems to be working ok,

Was is it you always say, Beefy? "It's a marathon, not a sprint" Whistle
I'm just happy it's not a triathlon, I'd have drowned during the swimming part Laugh
Zinman likes this post

(23-09-2018, 20:52)TheFunkyJoker Wrote:

Was is it you always say, Beefy? "It's a marathon, not a sprint"  Whistle
I'm just happy it's not a triathlon, I'd have drowned during the swimming part Laugh

With players like Bomber in your league mate you should soon catch up,
Remember another of my saying the cream always rises to the top. Bomber just keeps eating it with everything and will soon sink!! Laugh
Cream rises to the top but remember shit floats ....... who rose to the top last year? Was it cream or was it a big Brown smelly floater? You decide

I am only joshing with you beefster no offence intended let the competition began, the best person will win ...... I'm stuffed then.
4eva
that is a classic
big brown smelly floater
you wouldn`t be referencing beefy by any chance?
@Kristien 1965
Moi, of course not, judge not or the be judged equally ...... or some other clever biblical quote ...
aaaaa
the bible
moses and his quest to free the slaves
led them out of Egypt and what happened
as soon as his back was turned up mount Sinai
they raped and had orgies
jesus wish i was there

actually why is the bible written in print that you need a microscope to actually read it
@Kristien 1965
(23-09-2018, 23:58)4evaabaggie Wrote: Cream rises to the top but remember shit floats ....... who rose to the top last year? Was it cream or was it a big Brown smelly floater? You decide

I am only joshing with you beefster no offence intended let the competition began, the best person will win ...... I'm stuffed then.

Don't know what your on about I don't have smelly floater ones, Sick
Mine always come up smelling of roses, which is why mainly again I seem to always come out on top ....
Going round in Circles here aint we Laugh

Yull never beat the Beefster , yull never beat the Beefster Tongue
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »