Thread Rating:
InSpireds & ExSpireds
Tuesday 11th September

Ricky German wins the extra-time penalty for ten-man Hendon at Harlow in their FA Cup replay. He then takes the penalty and scores the winning goal. That makes nine for the season. Who else has scored nine this season - yes Chesterfield's entire team!

(Normally I love those rare occasions I'm proved right, but this is beginning to make me cry!)

Osman Kakay made his full international debut for Sierra Leone in an African Nations Cup qualifier away in Ethopia at the weekend. They lost 1-0.
So one of GC's much maligned January signings is actually making a career for himself .Also Jacob Brown is on the fringe of the Barnsley team.Anyone know how the others are doing ? The french guy David ? Ginola? Rappaport ?
Jordan Sinnott has joined Alfreton.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
(14-09-2018, 20:21)bluepooch Wrote: So one of GC's much maligned January signings is actually making a career for himself .Also Jacob Brown is on the fringe of the Barnsley team.Anyone know how the others are doing ? The french guy David ? Ginola? Rappaport ?

Osman Kakay now has an international cap, but doesn't seem to be in line for a game with QPR.

Grimshaw is mostly on the bench at Motherwell. Reece Brown is either injured or not now good enough at Forest Green, but I think he is still there.
Ricky German scores Hendon's only goal from the spot in a 1-0 win, 10 for the season now, headlined in the paper as Efficient German (is that racist?).

Diego de Girolamo bags two for Buxton in a 4-1 win.

Trevor Carson carried off apparently seriously injured for Motherwell, where the Chesterfield connection is strong with Peter Hartley in defence and Liam Grimshaw welded to the bench.

Sam Morsy sent of for Wigan at Brentford -same old weakness.

Jacob Brown makes eventful debut for Barnsley in 1-0 defeat at Coventry, has a shot tipped away and one just wide, eventually subbed after 72 minutes.

Reece Brown in Forest Green side that drew at MK Dons.

Tyler Walker scores again for Mansfield and gets the full 90 despite not being good enough for us pre-season.

For those interested in former keepers, Ryan Fulton is still anchored to the bench at Hamilton Academicals, Alex Cairns remains first choice at Fleetwood as does O'Donnell at Bradford City, whilst Aaron Chapman suffers his first reverse of the season when Pompey downed the Posh.

Whitmore is dropped to the bench by Grimsby, but they lost 0-3 at home to Oldham anyway.

Conor Dimaio scores Stockport's only goal in a draw - he's showing a nice eye for goal in midfield.

At Sheffield FC Charlie Wakefield does well in a 4-1 win over Gresley, but Iffy Ofoegbu is again only on the bench.

Over at Matlock Rawson doesn't make the squad, Craig Westcarr and Jamie Jackson do and suffer a comprehensive 0-3 defeat by South Shields.

A Jake Beesley assist puts Bradford PA 2-1 in front, but they eventually go down 2-3 against Altrincham.

Jordan Burrow stays on bench in 0-3 home defeat by Kiddie, Jon Parkin is brought off the bench in the second half but can't change things round.

Jordan Sinnott is in Alfreton's side, but league leaders Chorley prove too much for them in a 3-1 defeat.

Richard Wood gets yellow card when losing out in a footrace with Jozefzoon hauls the Derby forward down. Taking one for the lads must have seemed worth it when his team went on to win 1-0.

Daniel Johnson notches Preston's opener Reading in a 2-3 home defeat.

September 18th

Liam Cooper scores Leeds opener as Bielsa's boys win yet another.

Sam Morsy notches a goal to keep Wigan on the fringes of the promotion race.
So as I type we have gone 1-0 down and the following people have scored;
Jacob Brown -Barnsley
Gozie Ugwu -Boreham Wood
Scott Wiseman -Salford
Jon Nolan -Ipswich
(29-09-2018, 16:36)bluepooch Wrote: So as I type we have gone 1-0 down and the following people have scored;
Jacob Brown -Barnsley
Gozie Ugwu -Boreham Wood
Scott Wiseman -Salford
Jon Nolan -Ipswich

From Pooch above ...... & yes I was there crying too. I didn't do this last week after Scott Boden got two against us, another in midweek and Gnanduillet scored for Blackpool in the Carabao - I was too demoralised. This week is a cracker, I'll work through it gradually.

Apparently Gozie's second goal for Boreham Wood was a thirty-yard screamer!
Ricky German's Hendon won 0-3. He scored a penalty, burst through powerfully in open play for his second and in-between he made the other goal and was MOM in the Non-League Paper. I think that is 12 goals before the end of September!
Jacob Brown's goal was scored past Alex Cairns still Fleetwood first choice.
O'Donnell kept a clean sheet for Bradford City.
Armand Gnanduillet's goal went past Aaron Chapman at Peterborough.
Clarke-Harris who escaped us at the last minute scored for Coventry against Sunderland.
Jay O'Shea played the full 90 in a 1-2 win for Bury at Colchester.
Randall started for Crawly in a 3-1 win against Yeovil, got hooked after 58 minutes.
Danny Whitaker made Macclesfield's goal in their 1-1 home draw with Forest Green.
Krystian Dennis was again an unused sub for Notts County, in their first victory in 10 games. Jordan Bowery scored Crewe's goal.
Swindon gave McCourt 8 minutes against Oldham in a 0-0. OLdham gave Gardner and O'Grady the full 90.
Liam Grimshaw played the full 90 for Motherwell in a 3-1 defeat at Kilmarnock, whilst Fulton continues to warm Hamilton's bench.
Friday night, the big Yorkshire derby saw Cameron Dawson in goal for Wednesday and Liam Cooper centre back for Leeds.
Diego de Girolamo scored after five minutes for Buxton, but they suffered a shock home defeat to previously winless Lancaster.
Jordan Burrow scored for York in a 4-2 win at home against Guiseley.
Barry only 70th minute sub for Dover in their home defeat to Barrow, but Smith got the full 90 as did Kay for the winning side.
Cleethorpes with Dylan Parkin in goal are beginning to get it together with an FA Trophy win over Mossley following up their midweek 5-0 thrashing of Bamber Bridge away in their FA Cup replay.
Osman Kakay made the squad for QPR but stayed on the bench for their 3-0 defeat at Swansea.
Jordan Sinnott was Alfreton's outstanding player in their defeat by Bradford PA on Saturday.
Tranmere continue to bring on Mottley-Henry in the closing minutes of their games, without no game-changing performances so far.
Delial Brewster got on for the last ten for Witton and missed a glorious chance.
So few notable contributions this week I couldn't be bothered. Even Hendon didn't play on Saturday. They did play an FA Cup replay on Sunday though and Ricky German scored one of their four goals. Unfortunately on Wednesday night they then played away at Chippenham in Round Three of Qualifying and went out 4-1. Ricky German scored it!
Wheres Tendayi ? Anyone know ? Still at Forest along with Gboly ?
Yes he played last week, in and out of the team under Karanka.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »