Thread Rating:
All Football in Derbyshire
It being a local(ish) Derbyshire derby, I went along to Silverlands this afternoon; partly to see how Tom Denton is doing these days, I must admit. Surprisingly, he was on the bench and only came on for the last 10-15 minutes; and, to be fair, he didn`t do a great deal when he did.

However I did see a full 90 of Scott Bowden who, it turns out, has just signed for Buxton. He had a decent game and scored a very decent goal; he should do well for the Bucks this season alongside de Girolamo.

(Dev will be delighted to hear that the ref had a decent game too.)

F A Cup 4th Qualifying Round: Buxton v Chesterfield. Any chance? Probably not, but at least for the moment it`s still a possibility.
The ref wouldn't have dared have a decent game if Dancing had been there. (Only joking!)

Yes I read Buxton had signed Boden. Big come-down for him. Could be a mistake on York's part. A regular goal scorer in reserve is never a bad thing when National League injuries hit.
(17-09-2022, 20:23)SaltergateBorn Wrote: It being a local(ish) Derbyshire derby, I went along to Silverlands this afternoon; partly to see how Tom Denton is doing these days, I must admit. Surprisingly, he was on the bench and only came on for the last 10-15 minutes; and, to be fair, he didn`t do a great deal when he did.

However I did see a full 90 of Scott Boden who, it turns out, has just signed for Buxton. He had a decent game and scored a very decent goal; he should do well for the Bucks this season alongside de Girolamo.

(Dev will be delighted to hear that the ref had a decent game too.)

F A Cup 4th Qualifying Round: Buxton v Chesterfield. Any chance? Probably not, but at least for the moment it`s still a possibility.

Buxton away at Bamber Bridge in the next round so a Buxton vs Chesterfield 4th qualifying round tie could still be a possibility.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Read this weekend that Buxton have sent Zac Dearnley out on loan (whilst playing Boden, on loan?).

Zac Dearnley grabbed some goals for Halifax last season, mostly from the bench I think. Reckon he's one of the many Man Utd youth products, who fall off the production line and end up around our level our below. But he looked lively and decent to me. I'd have thought he'd be just the kind of player Buxton need.

Maybe Jamie Ward, now he's in charge at Ilkeston, could try to sign him and revive his career.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »