Thread Rating:
Germany v Mexico
Mexico take a deserved lead.

Ht 1-0 to the Mexicans. Thumb up
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Superb performance by Mexico. They are showing the way to hurt these big countries that play very high up the pitch.
Germany look flat across the team, they have continued their poor form in the lead up to the WC in this first game!!
Superb by Mexico. Even defending a 1-0 lead, they still tried to counter-attack at pace and better decision making could have brought 1 or 2 more goals.

Muy bueno. Thumb up
I think the previous summary of the Germany WC squad on another SBOP highlighted a lotta potential weaknesses and particularly on the 'striking front'! Also why is Sane not in this squad??? A dynamic young German player with dollops of enthusiasm and skill plus he can score goals. I think many German sports writers will be asking that searching question tonight and tomorrow morning. Another conundrum is the poor form of Mueller compared with his previous chequered history of great form and goal scoring prowess - the man is a World Cup winner but currently an enigma!
Germany were sluggish all one paced, high line defence and the Midfield totally negated how Muller got away with not being subbed I`ll never know
Great performance by Mexico
Germany had zero cutting edge. Bar boateng the old guard were terrible. Muller,ozil and khedira all awful.

I actually think Germany were better with Brandt and reus on the park.

Mexico - technically excellent. Not sure they have the staying power for a tournament like this. The drugs and hookers will eventually catch up with them.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »