Thread Rating:
Julen Lopetegui
Spain have taken the bizarre decision to sack their manager. Julen Lopetegui
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
Odd decision. Odd timing. Huh
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Just seen this, very odd and somewhat political
I mean even England have had manager`s we knew would be leaving after a EC or WC you dont suddenly fire before a major tourney (Unless your Nigeria or Mexico) especially when you are a fave to win the thing
So they appoint a Real Madrid legend to take his place!

Fair play though, Hierro is about the only person to keep the squad composed and the fans happy and even lift the cup, good appointment in a dire situation!
I’m not convinced by Hierro as a coach just yet. He failed to get Real Oviedo into the play-offs in the Spanish second division in the 2016/2017 season when they had the squad to achieve automatic promotion. There was too much changing of the team and formation which disrupted the teams flow and there was too much inconsistency. They are in a better shape now with Anquela as Head Coach.

International Management however is completely different and he could be suited to it. He will gain repeat of the players immediately and should be able to gel them into a team and maybe add another element to their side with the ability to play more defensive when the need arises. Julen Lopetegui doesn’t really have that in his repertoire.
Looks like a Spanish version of Gareth Southgate eh! He'll stick to tried n tested team formations for their WC group matches and see how it all unfolds for Spain.
Threads merged. I'd already started one in the World Cup 2018 forum.
I thought it might have been due to the Barca players taking their ball home but no it's the head of the Spanish FA (or something like that) kicking his own balls into the long grass. The players wanted him to stay. Kiss er arse er arse, or whatever Google Translate turns that into.

Merged threads- now that's a new 'un on me.
Can you weave your magic on the M6 Am's and merge the useless b'stards that stop their cars in overtaking lanes about 100 yards before they want to leave until a suitable space opens up for them and hence stop everyone else? Like merge them into the underside of an artic?
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Would love to, theo.
Apparently the Spanish people are overwhelming in favour of the sacking.

Would they have been if they'd have got Sam Allardyce instead of Hierro.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »