Thread Rating:
League One Play off Final
The Mighty Millers and the Shrews have produced a crowd of 26k there .How disappointing is that ??.We will take 20k alone to the Vanarama play off final next year .
Bank holiday weekend and school holidays will have a big effect. Both clubs are bigger and better than us currently and that's a fact. I'd snatch your hand off for smaller crowds and a lge1 playoff.
I wouldn't go giving it large about the size of our crowds if I were you. If we start the season -10,15 or 20 points I shouldn't worry about Wembley the closest we will get is Barnet. We will be lucky to sell 3k ST's IMO.
Big Bore Exhaust = Small Dick
Just stating a fact Dancing .It must have been one of the smallest League One play off crowds i can remember and they are always played on bank holidays so your excuse holds no water there.A bit embarrassing for the massive Millers. 3K season ticket holders would be excellent at this level considering most of the clubs dont get that for a matchday crowd.
That's one piece of good news Pooch ............ at least you only think we'll reach the play-ifs. You're not predicting an outright league win for us. PPPHHHHHHHEEEEEEwwWWWEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I'm not a fan of play-orrrrffs, especially when the seventh placed side gets promotion it doesn't seem right to me. Next season we'll get to play Braintree, but we won't be playing Dartford - though Dartford finished 17 points clear of Braintree in the league. It destroys the notion of trying to finish as high up a league as you can.

And why should the seventh best side in League Two get to play at Wembley anyway? It's a reward for being moderate.

Rotherham has the population to support a Championship side ........ if that population was interested in turning up at the New York City stadium. They'll need about nine new players in their best eleven to stay up though.
We might just miss out and finish second Dev ,thats the play offs I'm afraid .
Dave Allen has consistently given us a top 5 budget for the league we are in and the money has been wasted quite frequently.surely its about time he got it right again .
Orient were coming good in the last quarter of the season. Sutton might decide to try to go up. Fylde are at least two years ahead of schedule, but I think they'll try to take advantage of Danny Rowe now. In two years time he'll be 30-ish and perhaps not such a star. Boreham Wood have still got their manager, he'll try to replace Andrade, but if Kane Smith, Grant Smith and Dave Stephens go that would be a mountain for a small club. Hartlepool's challenge will depend on their new owner's attitude, Wrexham are a big club down here, but their first-time manager could either be an inspired choice or a disaster, Ebbsfleet have ambition though no-one knows where it is, Salford have ambition and unfortunately everyone knows where it is, and Harrogate have money behind the club and their manager. Aldershot always expect to be in the running, Dover are a good side, but their determined pursuit of part-time football might be too much of a problem, and Eastleigh will be dependent on their new ownership. Without John Still Dagenham will need money and very good organisation to finish above halfway. With John Still with a bit of money behind him, Barnet will be a big threat too, but the move to The Hive and a third return to this level hasn't gone down well with their fans.

Bromley have the basis to mount a challenge for the EFL, but if their best players escape as easily as Louis Dennis then they'll struggle to do it. Braintree proclaim themselves a pub team from Essex, have been lucky to go up and could struggle. Maidstone and Maidenhead might just consolidate for another season in the Vanarama, Solihull's great run at the end of the season might have them dreaming about next season, but I can't see them climbing any higher than last time. Halifax find some good players, but they are as likely to hit a losing run as a winning one, Barrow as a town needs a football league club, but the club itself needs some convincing and Gateshead will need a massive recruitment drive, they lost most of their best players, but there is a lot of non-league talent available in the north east. Havant can get the crowd, but do seem too reliant on Fogden to be serious contenders next season.

Is that everybody?
What sort of crowds do Havant get ?.If Solihull Moors ever make the football league Ill run down my street... well you know what I mean.
Blue, even you should have learned a lesson by now surely.
How much money would you have ever bet on Accrington Stanley playing Sunderland in the same league? Can you just imagine what a culture shock that will be for Wearside faithful, Stadium of Light to the Wham Stadium - the smallest in the football league. Big payday for Accrington.
Big Bore Exhaust = Small Dick
Im surprised no one has come up with flexible capacities in grounds so they can be increased for big days ie Accrington at home to Sunderland .Just think of the loss of income by not being able to accommodate 5k+ extra fans .Even just one or two games a season can be massive in terms of gate receipts .
We could fill an open corner or two with temp seating for big games although they are increasingly unlikely, but I'm just stating an example .
I'm sure one of the European clubs increase their capacity by replacing seating with standing for certain games .
Havant got 1650 a few weeks ago for an important National league game, so they clearly have potential for 2,000 if they are doing well in the Vanarama. What that equates to if they make League Two ever I dunno. But Forest Green top 2,000 gates more often that Morecambe and Nailsworth is a very small town. And as Accrington prove it isn't just about gates. By the way Solihull got 915 to watch them play Guiseley so there are several clubs with lower gates than them at this level....... and their end of the season run of games had them 2nd behind Tranmere on current form.

As Macclesfield showed it is possible to succeed on a moderate crowd and a tiny budget. Whether they can sustain EFL status when at an even greater financial disadvantage with their rivals is another matter.

A clue to the standard of the other teams in this league is the signing of Regan Charles-Cook by Gillingham. He spent almost all last season on loan at Woking. He's 21 I think, did well last season, but Woking were relegated ...... yet Gillingham still think he's capable of League One - that's the standard of the opposition next season, even the bottom sides are far from rubbish.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »