Thread Rating:
Finally the Champions League finalists come through to meet on 24 May!
So Liverpool meet the CL favourites, Real Madrid, in Kiev and must have a reasonable chance of stopping Real's charge on a 'hat trick' of consecutive trophy wins. However, Liverpool's defence is awful when seriously pressured TBF and I suspect Madrid will target their RB and CB positions as did Roma last night with good results and a 'stonewall pk' denied as well! Also will crucial ref decisions/incidents be as fortuitous for Liverpool as they have been in the last two CL rounds. If luck prevails further then they do indeed have the chance to win it! I suspect the experience and big-time temperament of the Galacticos will 'see them through' to that historic 'hat trick' of CL wins but it will be a good final to watch. If the world class players of Real Madrid 'show up' in Kiev IMO they win and will prob win well as Liverpool's current league position does not disguise where their frailties lie.
I don’t think Real’s defence will be able to cope with Liverpool’s front three. They are used to seeing balls pumped up to a striker who holds up or flicks on a pass, just like BM tried, but that is easy fodder for their defence. Liverpool will play it on the floor and play fast one twos, that will unpick the RM defence if they can do it effectively. Either way it could be a great game and could easily end up a shoot out between two teams with great attackers and dodgy defences. I call Liverpool to win this one 3-2.
Yep but I'll differ re the outcome and I reckon that Zidane will 'tweak' his mid formation and wing back positions to restrict Liverpool's fast attacking forages. He will focus on a hi press on that Liverpool defence but his 'engine room' will be his midfield. I also notice Klopp has lost five consecutive cup finals and one big restricting factor is the reds are not playing at Annfield. I'll predict a 2-1 or poss a 3-1 result in a cup final where Real Madrid will 'show up' and 'grab the bull by the horns'. If Ronaldo is suddenly injured, then there could be a shock 'on the cards'.Otherwise, I think Real's squad will see the return of their better players from injury etc and their 'big match experience' will be invaluable. They are definitely weaker than before but at what level does one place a 'slightly weaker' Real Madrid side in comparison with an up n coming Liverpool team? It would be good to see a Klopp inspired victory for L'pool just to stop a developing monopoly that Real have on the Champions League. Maybe their luck will 'hold out' for the final!
Think this might be a cracker!

Come on Liverpool!!!
A Karius 'shocker' and my prediction/bet of a 3-1 Real Madrid victory comes in. I thought Bale could have a major impact on the result and proved right - what a magnificent 'strike' by Bale for that 2nd goal, IMO one of the best goals ever seen in a Euro final, a truly 'special goal'!! So another historical achievement for Real although the Liverpool goalie will wanna forget this after two colossal errors!
The belief fell out of liverpool after salah went off. They played really well up til that point then madrid took over.

karius really messed up liverpools chances though, the first goal was absolute playground stuff,the 2nd a howler of the kind that would have you checking if he had made any bets before the game.

Bales goal was absolutely outrageous. 3 CL wins for real and zidane - and he's only been manager for 3 years!
turkeydinner likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »