Thread Rating:
UEFA Champions League
Oh aye! Forgot to mention the refereeing. Some of the decisions were really questionable. VAR never formally used once and definitely should've been used in that pk incident with Goldson. A ref who was also loathe to issue yellow cards for fairly routine YC offences. No matter anyway, the better side definitely won this final and I think a lot of our footie media people in Scotland need to "eat some humble pie" as arrogantly "beating the RFC drum" for the past 3-4 days without realising there was a German Bundesligue team opposing them that was unbeaten in their Euro matches all season and beat some formidable footie teams in the process!! Rolleyes
Aye - Thought it was Bobby Madden in disguise at times.
The more you see the Lundstram high boot the more i'm amazed he didn't get even a yellow.

Game was as expected - The huns dragging Eintracht down to their level football wise. The only one of their players that really turned up on the night was Bassey.

They have gambled and lost on the CL money and now face a massive squad overhaul without the 30-40 million they were relying on. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.
They do have a second punt in a UCL 3QR in the summer.
Granted.... And with the Russian sides out they have a shot... But still some potential banana skins still there.

If they keep going for deals like ramsay to fuel their fans ego it won't work anyway.

They are going to have to negotiate those ties with players that want away.
Whats this about the hun fans having to drink water out of toilets in seville ? Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
I forgot to mention the great sporting gesture by all the Eintracht players and officials in lining up at the end of this final and applauding GVB and all the Rangers players in an improvised "guard of honour". Very sporting and similar to the practise of Rugby Union players. I must add that IMO Rangers FC officials and players would never have gone anywhere near that level of sporting respect. It's a lesson learnt for the future.
I don't mind GVB, i think he seems a decent sort and has always been respectful towards opponents from what i've seen this season.

The real difference was between the supports, Frankfurt fans were great, put up a good Tifo, were noisy and created a good atmosphere. While the hun supporters sang about hating catholics on the way to the ground (in a hugely catholic country) and attacked stadium staff inside.
0762 likes this post
A lotta this poisonous stuff conveniently ignored AGAIN by the Unionist media and the bbc - NO SURPRISE WHATSOEVER AND ALL FOCUSING ON THAT WORD, "PROUD"!! Rolleyes
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »