Thread Rating:
Paul Scharner !!
Exclamation 
How we could do with a few more Paul Scharners out on the pitch ....  Thumb up

https://t.co/OrhIHPZfOP

[Image: fwRkxJcA?format=jpg&name=600x314]
Florida Baggie and TheFunkyJoker like this post
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
A hero, not quite a legend, only two seasons at Albion but a great player big heart, big commitment, and now shows great common sense and intelligence in spotting what we all knew ....... Pulis destroyed our style, damaged our very soul ...... as a short term fix, was fine, allowed to stay to long and cause to much damage. His foundations lead to this relegation ...... he now can't claim to have never been relegated because this is HIS relegation, he is not here to finish it but he caused it and would not / could not have stopped it ....
Interesting point at the end about Hodgson .... Rolleyes

Good job he did not play under our last two managers Laugh
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Sadly, 4eva, I'm sure Pulis and his coterie of fans who seem to adore him, will claim he's never been relegated because, technically, he hasn't. What he'll refuse to acknowledge is that, as you say, under him it was inevitable we would be relegated and, as Paul Scharner rightly says, he ripped the heart out of the club.

You're spot on: even allowing for Pardew's incompetence, this is Pulis' relegation
Those who backed Pulis as the only way for little Albion to stay in the Prem are now saying "We'd have got more points than under Pardew....blah....blah".
Maybe we'd have managed 3 or 4 more points (could hardly have chalked up less!). But even our fairly reasonable fans would have made West Ham's yobs look like choirboys by now. Fair play to Partridge, whose first direction was to try and play football with a bunch of players who fitted the Pulis method. Sadly they just haven't taken to him, and he's obviously a very poor man/team manager. His appointment was made out of the desperation caused by the previous regime. Somebody in the Paul Scharner mould would have made a better fist.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
(18-03-2018, 15:17)BaggieSteve Wrote: Sadly, 4eva, I'm sure Pulis and his coterie of fans who seem to adore him, will claim he's never been relegated because, technically, he hasn't. What he'll refuse to acknowledge is that, as you say, under him it was inevitable we would be relegated and, as Paul Scharner rightly says, he ripped the heart out of the club.

You're spot on: even allowing for Pardew's incompetence, this is Pulis' relegation

But baggiesteve, we all know .............

I can build a bomb, I can plant a bomb, I can light the fuse and run away .......... I can say I've not been blown up ...... but the truth is .... I've caused it ......

Pulis driving his car can say I've never had an accident but I've seen loads in my rear view mirror ..... not had one but caused loads ......

I think quite a few clubs fans know his boast is an empty claim with no substance .... he has been relegated in his absence a few times .........

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE .........

If you pull out the plug in a full bath and walk away the water will still go down ....... Just like football clubs TP has managed and walked away from .......

Enough metaphors ........ he has been relegated ...... you won't convince me otherwise ........
BaggieSteve likes this post
Scharner!!!!!!!!!!

about the only ex-player
not to have been mentioned as a new manager on here

sod it lets get Steve Clarke back
BaggieSteve likes this post
@Kristien 1965
(18-03-2018, 15:17)BaggieSteve Wrote: Sadly, 4eva, I'm sure Pulis and his coterie of fans who seem to adore him, will claim he's never been relegated because, technically, he hasn't. What he'll refuse to acknowledge is that, as you say, under him it was inevitable we would be relegated and, as Paul Scharner rightly says, he ripped the heart out of the club.

I seem to remember that Baggieman warned us that this would happen from the very first moment that Putrid was appointed.

Many of us, including myself, felt that Baggieman was being far too negative about the lack of TP's capabilities and chided him for his repeated condemnation of Pulis and his methods.

Now we know better.

May I now eat humble pie and apologise to Baggieman and hope that our next Manager will try to instil the football ethos for which this Club was once justifiably proud.

Sad
BaggieMan likes this post
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
(18-03-2018, 16:20)The Quantum Enigma Wrote: Scharner!!!!!!!!!!

about the only ex-player
not to have been mentioned as a new manager on here

sod it lets get Steve Clarke back

Doing a storm up here with Killie....helped greatly by the brilliant Mulumbu!
Well said silverbaggie, although I think a lot of us knew the risk and were prepared to take it short term, short term he did what we wanted but we should have got rid sooner.

However, baggieman you did warn us and we dismissed you, I wish we had dismissed pulis instead .....

Silver, do you have a spare humble pie, do you recommend cream or custard with it ......

Not quite back to square one but we going down the snake to square 3 or 4.
BaggieMan likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »