Thread Rating:
Roy Hodgson
Opinions?

He`s English but hardly the most exciting, trophy laden,philosophical or succesful manager out there which is probably just right for the F.A

For me at the moment i`m very glad he`s trying younger players there is talent in Barkley, Wilshere,Shaw,Clyne, Chambers, Sterling etc and its exciting and even in the disastrous world cup campaign there were flashes of really good football when they seemed on it

Selection is an issue with me-Cahill/Jagielka is the worst combination possibly ever yes there is a lack of options until the likes of Stones/Chambers/Caulker/Blackett fully develop but why is Shawcross always overlooked? Why play Milner when he isnt even doing it for Citeh or Delph who has done OK but not nearly as consistent as Jack Cork who is part of the on fire Southampton team.
As an Albion fan I will always have a soft spot for Roy. He saved our bacon but he is a little risk adverse. That said, he seems to be trying to blend experience and youth and so I am, at the moment, willing to consider this to be a project and believe their is a game plan.

A few more games though and we need to see the emergence of a squad that might compete at the Euro's. It is getting there. Isn't it?
Agree with most of what you are saying, but Cahill is by far the best English CB and Milner has been one of City's best players this season with Nasri out. As for Roy, no other English manager comes close at the moment - next step down would probably be Bruce or Allardyce.
[Image: 1348664730___West_Brom_-_Banner.png]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »