Thread Rating:
The cost of finishing 10th was...
£8 million.
Southampton, who finished 8th, received £122 million from the Premier League, while Albion in 10th place received £114 million.
We had umpteen games in which to win the one point that would have secured 8th place, finally fluffing it at Swansea on the last day.
£8 million would have funded the wages of two very decent players at £80,000 a week each.
All because our approach to most games since we hit the 40 point mark was shit. Angry Angry
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40125394
drewks and BaggieMan like this post
Agree Aries and makes me wonder why I renewed my ST for next season. The last nine games were pathetic and more than relegaiom form.  If we don't have a positive window, reckon we're doomed. Doomed Capt. Mainwaring, doomed.

Sad
(02-06-2017, 09:32)aries22 Wrote: £8 million.
Southampton, who finished 8th, received £122 million from the Premier League, while Albion in 10th place received £114 million.
We had umpteen games in which to win the one point that would have secured 8th place, finally fluffing it at Swansea on the last day.
£8 million would have funded the wages of two very decent players at £80,000 a week each.
All because our approach to most games since we hit the 40 point mark was shit.  Angry   Angry
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40125394

Not quite - part of the difference is due to the "facility fee" which is based on the number of games shown live on TV. We actually received the minimum amount for this so we lost £4m due to failing to turn up in our last few matches and another £4m for playing such utter boring dross that nobody in their right mind would televise us more than they had to.
Yeah Zinman is correct we lost out on £4 Million because of league placings Thumb up
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Technically we actually lost 3.8 million due to league placing as each place was worth 1.9 million, but that is splitting hairs, if we could've hit a barn door and converted some of our many chances them maybe we would have been booking a European tour. Maybe if my aunt had meat and two veg she'd be my uncle, if's and an's don't replace actual's. It is was it is. We are still about 100 million better off that the seals, allowing for parachutes.
WOW £114M

Hope the new owner allows to spend some of that on replacements to bolster our aging squad!!
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
Read Bournemouth got more than us! Seeing them spend £10m on a keeper, Jack Wilshere on loan and being linked to Defoe! How far have the Cherries come?!? No wonder Huddersfield were celebrating, the greed league gravy train just keeps rolling!

COYB
Guys, I'm all for analysing numbers, but the fact is Southampton got £122 million and Albion £114 million and it was all down to our failure to hang onto 8th place through not turning up properly. It's really as simple as that.
BaggieMan likes this post
Thart a grand lad our Aries !

Laugh
The poor finish only cost us 3.8 ( two places ), the dire football cost us tv appearances, the Midlands area cost us merchandising revenue, not to much disposable cash around, the FA / media / ffp bias to a few clubs cost a lot of teams global merchandising as its nearly a closed shop. The takeover cost us four transfer Windows hence an aging / tiring squad.

Not all our woes are TP induced.
BaggieMan likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »