Thread Rating:
Man United win through to the EL final in Stockholm!!
FT Man U 1 Celta Vigo 1 (agg score 2-1) in a 'nail biter' of a second half at Old Trafford where the red devils really should be finishing off opponents but in this case they have 'achieved their goal' and are playing in the Europa League final in Stockholm in a fairly glamorous confrontation v Ajax.
Man Utd win the Europa League v Ajax in a very well disciplined and controlled final - never any doubt of winning it and Man U qualify for the group stages of the Champions League + a Super Cup final spot in August as well! Three trophies in Mourinho's 1st season at Old Trafford!
What a dreadful game of football. Ajax could have played all night and not scored.
For all the hype this Ajax team go I have to say I was disappointed with them in the end. Maybe with them being so young the occasion got to them but I was expecting more!! Man Utd were exactly as we knew Jose would set them up - defensive, use pace to break and defend as a 10 man unit!! Not great to watch but extremely effective in this game!!

Just to add, this is a massive win for MU, maybe one of their most important wins in many years!! They never looked like making the top 4 all season, to get this berth in the CL will do wonders for their recruitment this summer and Jose was right to put all his eggs in this one basket.
0762 likes this post
In footballing terms though, that was one of the worst European finals I can remember watching in a long long time. Im glad man utd won because of the events of this week. But still.

Ajax had all the possession,but did feck all with it. For all the talk of their young players they have spent 40 million on players this season and came away with nothing.

Mourinho has made man utd an atrocious footballing side to watch.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »