Thread Rating:
Man Utd vs WBA - Match Thread
[Image: PA_11558390_1.jpg]

You've only come to see the Albion: a capacity crowd at Old Trafford watch the Reds vs the Baggies in the cup, 5th March 1958

We kick off the month of April with a visit to Old Trafford, and it could well prove a tougher one than usual. Injuries and the demands of the fixture list mean that Tony Pulis is likely to field a weaker side on Saturday and spare our big guns for Tuesday night's trip to Watford. So, a field day for United? The good news is that the pressure will be largely on them and off us. It's a big ask whichever way you look at it, but if we could pick up a bonus point from this one, it would be a handy boost in our quest to achieve an unprecedented 50.
aries22 and Stairs like this post
Yes and of course according to Jose we should be a lot fresher with only one player away last week on international duty and are clearly the favorites, Whistle
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Great photo, Ska'd - 4 weeks after Munich.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
I'd love it, just love it, if we could beat Man Utd at Old Trafford. I'd settle for a point though, but only if it came in the seventh minute of six minutes' added time.
It'll be interesting to see what team TP DOES put out - is he just countering Moanino when he says we'll rest a few for Watford?
I think he'll put out a strong team and we'll win Blush
(31-03-2017, 13:29)drewks Wrote: It'll be interesting to see what team TP DOES put out - is he just countering Moanino when he says we'll rest a few for Watford?
I think he'll put out a strong team and we'll win  Blush

Tony's April Fool Laugh
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
I'm sure I'll read this again next week and wonder what I was on when I wrote it on Friday evening but I think we will win, and win well too.
Yes I know they haven't  lost in ages. However without Ibrahimovic they lack punch. Even with him, he needed an elbow to give him the extra yard on our defender to get the first goal at the Hawthorns. Apparently this is now called "experience." When I used to play it was called "fouling." Rashford and Lingard are promising but as yet uninspiring. Rooney is way past his best. Even with Jones and Smalling their defence is not as good as ours and they're out.
In Fletcher and Evans we have 2 players who will be really up for this and the club is brimful of confidence after Arsenal.

However if the unthinkable happens and we win again there, on MOTD it will be all about the dozens of United
players on the treatment table and the 4 stonewall penalties they weren't given. The referee will have to go into hiding. Mourinho will be at his insufferable best.
drewks and talkSAFT like this post
(31-03-2017, 20:45)Alouion Wrote: I'm sure I'll read this again next week and wonder what I was on when I wrote it on Friday evening but I think we will win, and win well too.
Yes I know they haven't  lost in ages. However without Ibrahimovic they lack punch. Even with him, he needed an elbow to give him the extra yard on our defender to get the first goal at the Hawthorns. Apparently this is now called "experience." When I used to play it was called "fouling." Rashford and Lingard are promising but as yet uninspiring. Rooney is way past his best. Even with Jones and Smalling their defence is not as good as ours and they're out.
In Fletcher and Evans we have 2 players who will be really up for this and the club is brimful of confidence after Arsenal.

However if the unthinkable happens and we win again there, on MOTD it will be all about the dozens of United
players on the treatment table and the 4 stonewall penalties they weren't given. The referee will have to go into hiding. Mourinho will be at his insufferable best.

I hope all of those predictions come true! Laugh
Bit unfair on MOTD, who've been really complimentary about us these last few months and at pains to point out what a damn good side we're building. More so than Sky or BT pundits, in fact.
Aries/Alouion. (08.05am Eastern Aussie time)

Not much time to write this as we've just hit a reef just off Restoration Island on the North-East Australian peninsula between the mainland and the Great Barrier Reef. All due to the reef we hit being moved by Cyclone Debbie.

The Italian captain has ordered 'Abandon Ship' from his position in the one and only already launched lifeboat.

Got to be careful getting to the beach as there are so many sharks and saltwater crocs around looking for a nice meal.

On to important things, Baggies to win 0-1 in Fergie time. Can you send me the result in a message in a bottle?

Angel
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »