Thread Rating:
World Cup group tie: Scotland v Slovenia, Sun 26 March
Well 'crunch time' will be imminent at the end of the week in a World Cup campaign that has not really inspired Scottish footie fans. We are inevitably gonna be eliminated AGAIN but I hope Strachan's team 'make a fist of it' and try to positively attack every remaining group match - lets finally see a semblance of improvement that can lift morale and eventually lead in to another Euro Championship campaign with some optimism. I think we have the players to beat Slovenia but whether they can achieve that initial goal is anybody's guess!
We need a win and I think we'll get it. True that qualification looks unlikely but we still have enough pride (I hope) to do ourselves justice in the remaining games to come. Let's not forget the one that comes after Sunday is ENGURLAND!
Wee Gogsy giving Sparky a start 'up front' and Kieron Tierney switched to RB with Robertson on the usual left flank. Clearly trying to field his best players and I hope it's his best line up to really 'have a go' v Slovenia who humiliated us in the reverse fixture! I still can't believe the SFA set a 7.45pm KO for this Sunday match - a lovely sunny afternoon that was perfect for the traditional KO time of 3.00pm - nuts!!
tierney is a good player but switching him to RB seems like a risky one.

Agree about the kick off time -bonkers.
Definitely a gamble Jim but he's that kinda fearless young player who will take up the challenge and prob deliver a performance. I notice the attendance will be about 25k and it just confirms lotsa fans have given up on this campaign and esp after that shambles of a 'bounce match' v Canada at ER!
We need a goal here, still think we'll get it. 20 mins to go.
Scotland should have waltzed this can see Slovenia taken the mick with a last minute winner, cannot see why he has not put on Ollie Burke
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Gotta be honest, Slovenia are pretty pish!
Deserved win for those North of the Border
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Wink 
We deserved it alright. TOLDYA we'd win. Wink Big Grin Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »