Thread Rating:
WHAT WE NEED ON HERE IS HORSE RACING AND A TIPSTER
Our new tipster is called RAGWORT.  Wink

Tips will all be Rags - outsiders or decent odds at least.

Today's tip for Sunday 5th February is

2.50 Taunton - Bertimont

Result 2nd at only 8/1. He is a very good horse who is coming back to form, hadn't even been placed for ages before this effort.
Monday 6th Feb - no real rags visible to me but

2.00 Sedgefield Agent Louise - probably 12 or 14-1

4.35 Sedgefield Roxyfet - has come in from 10/1, not a rag, but a string of wins last season says it's a winner.
After yesterday's debacle of a non-runner and Roxyfet which I really rated running like a crab today's Ragwort is

2.10 Hereford L. Frank Baum (expect odds of about 16/1)

Let's hope this one can put us on that yellow brick road.
No yellow brick road. L Frank Baum ran second at 11/1.

Today 8 Feb - 3.55 Carlisle Stilo Blue Native only about 14/1 forecast.
9th Feb. Zero winners so far. Yesterday's selection was backed down to 4/1, so I wasn't the only one fancied him. Predictably he came fourth.

No selection today - so there should be a plethora of 50/1 winners.
The only rag that won yesterday was at Lingfield, Lunch at 20/1. Today 10th Feb, still searching for a long odds winner my offering is an old, heavy going horse called:-

DORMOUSE - 3.55 Bangor, about 10/1 but that price might shorten.

Another not to be ignored is the only horse Venetia Williams has sent to Bangor. All her horses like the going soft at least so look out for SAROQUE -3.20 Bangor.
I said to myself I'd do this for a month. It looks like February is the cruellest month. Yesterday Dormouse pulled up, don't even know how badly Saroque did. There was a 25/1 winner at Southwell and a 33/1 at Kempton - missed them both.

So 11th February, a real rag I hope - BELTOR 3.35 Newbury ....... and a ridiculous longshot if you're interested from a stable which hasn't had a winner in ages (like a year) and has sent one horse up from East Sussex to Uttoxeter - GEORGIESHORE 4.35 Uttoxeter.
Getting worse by the day. Beltor ran well till the final hurdle yesterday and faded ......
Sun 12th ought to be no bet, but I have a slight fancy for Wychwoods Brook 3.20 because Nico de Boinville is up. Earlier in the day David Pipe puts a tough little flat mare Taws in against an 1/8 Tizzard hotpot. She might be able to worry him out of it.
How much have we lost so far, Devon?
It's the 13th. After the catalogue of failure and public humiliation so far, couldn't be arsed with a selection today.

You wouldn't believe I've got a Paddy Power account well in profit, backing only long-priced racehorses ......... has it just been been luck?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »